How do I make my hair wavy?

I have straight hair and I want hair like Kate Winslet's hair. I do NOT want a perm! How else can I make my hair wavy?

Most Helpful Girl

• this is what I personally do so it should work for you

just when you get out of the shower, comb your hair out, then section it to braid. make sure all those sections are the same so you get the same wave effect afterwards. leave it to dry. take them out of the braids and then you can put whatever styling product, I usually use a mix of leave in conditioner with shine spray. and that should do it.

• ^_^ Thank you! and also if you have a stream straightener (which I do), you can also do that to add curl of course, but you can use that when you dont' have a lot of time.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Try a wave iron. They're fast and effective. I recommend conair.

• Okay either take a shower and once you get out of the shower put mousse in it and scrunch it! Then blow dry it and as you're blow drying scrunch it! If that doesn't work then do this! Instead of curling your hair by like..the normal way you know putting it in the clamp and rolling. Hairspray a strand of hair then wrap that strand of hair around the barrel of the curling iron. Then once you're done doing this with all of your hair -- wahlah!

• large curlers with heat, then brush it out gently and add misty hair spray-you'll look great!

• mousse, scrunch, dry. ta-da! that's what I do.