How can I aceept my height?

I put some of these details in one of my other questions where I asked if it's possible that I could still grow. But now I want to know how I can just accept my height the way it is. I'm 17 (turning 18 in October), I'm 5'1 and I've been this height since I was about 14. I find it quite hard to accept my height because I want to be shorter, maybe 4'11. I think shortness is cute but I don't feel short enough. I have a friend who's about 4'8 and I'm kind of envious of that. Because she knows I want to be shorter she'll sometimes jokily rub it in my face and be like 'I'm shorter than you!'. Sometimes people also tell me I'm tall as a joke since they know I don't like it, but it's still quite upsetting. When people say I'm short it makes me happy and I take it as a compliment. My family think I'm too short but they also pray that I'll grow taller, so I pray that I won't because I don't want to. But if I absolutely had to grow, my maximum would be 5'2 or 5'3 as anything above that is too tall for me personally. People think I'm weird for this, but I just think I'd be cuter at a short height and I worry that I will grow. It does seem weird though since I'm not even average height and a lot of people my height want to be taller! How can I just accept my height?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi, I answered your other question too (I'm the one with the friend who's also 5'1"). I'll just tell you what I tell everyone, including myself. Height is relative. If you surround yourself with people my height (I'm almost a foot taller than you lol) you'll feel shorter, I guarantee it. All my really close friends are around your height and I feel like a giant around them (I had to take off my heels when we took our prom photos together, sorry that's not really relevant...haha). Anyway, I recently made friends with another group of girls I met online who are all on the tall end of the spectrum and when I hang out with them I feel normal sized. Good luck to you, you short person. :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Don't worry about growing! You'll be cute at any height. And there is no point worrying about it, because you cannot control it anyway.

It is not fun to be short. I am only 5 feet tall. I've only grown an inch in 11 years. And let me tell you why it isn't fun.

A. Getting things off of tall shelves is very difficult.

B. Driving a car! I had to be very picky when finding a car to make sure I felt comfortable, that I wasn't too close to the steering wheel because my legs are short, and that I could see over the dashboard and hood (you'd be surprised how difficult this was in some cars)

C. I have to hem most things I own, skirts, dresses, pants, etc. I cannot buy capris, because even "petite" length look likes floods on me. I have to make my own capris.

D. If you gain weight it has nowhere to go. I have gained a lot of weight in 11 years. According to my BMI, I am obese. I feel disgusting, I feel like I look disgusting, I wish I was taller so my weight could be better distributed on my body.

E. Yeah, people call me cute. But it's always "cute" like "OMG you could fit in my pocket!" cute. Not "beautiful," not "sexy," I'm 23 years old and I look like a "cute" child.

That being said, girls usually gain their height earlier in puberty, guys later in puberty, which is why at younger ages, you can find a lot of shrimpy guys and girls who are taller than them. You will probably not grow much taller if you've been this height for 3 years. Generally, it's thought that once girls start having regular periods, they don't really grow much taller. That's true in my case.

So yeah, you're 5'1'', you'll probably stay 5'1" but even if you're grow a few inches, you'll likely still be considered petite and still have a cute and dainty feminine look to you. So no worries! :)

• You need to think about all the good things about your height. You are the perfect height ideally for men. They like girls who aren't too short and aren't too tall. If you think men only enjoy height then you're mistaken. They don't know it but they look for waist to hip ratio. It's all about them curves!

• You're already really short. Short is good, but so is moderation. I'm 5'2'' and when I hang out with model friends I look like a fat child. I suppose if it feels good to you to be shorter, then that's up to you, but I know that if I saw a person that was 4'8'' (like an adult female), I would probably think it's a bit weird and feel sorry for her. You're much better off at 5'1''.

• Why do you think you would be cuter at a short height? Do you have confidence in other physical parts like your face, breasts, etc? Maybe focus on those?

• 1) You're past the growing age

2) ARE YOU CRAZY?! I'm 4ft11 and I hate it. I'm always getting patted on the head and feel that I look stumpy all of the time.

3) Well you will not grow anymore so just never wear heels? Or hang out with tall people?

• lool I actually do think I'm crazy! Someone I know says they don't respect me because I'm short but I would still go shorter if I could. I know you're not that much shorter than me but it would make a difference to me if I was your height. Yeah I can't walk properly in heels, so maybe I'll just avoid them for the most part :)