How do we know a woman will stick around no matter what?

What if our legs are blown off in a freak turkey fryer accident, or we can't get out of bed for a month, because we're depressed?

What if every job we get, we are fired because we can't stop trying to improve our bosses methods?

What if we can't seem to tie our shoes?

What if we'd stick by you if any of the above happened, but simply can't find someone who'll reciprocate?

No one wants a door mat, but how the hell can a man tell if a woman isn't the constant shopper, looking to upgrade?

How do we know in a world full of divorced parents and 30-something adolescents, that we've found the girl who will persist with us?

In other words, in an unpredictable world, what are the qualities to look for - personality type, astrological sign, zip code... Is there a questionnaire I can download somewhere? A pre-commitment agreement? A matchmaker? A mail order catalog? (just kidding)...

0|0
3|2

Most Helpful Girl

• How do we know a woman will stick around no matter what?

Likely you don't no more than she knows you will stick around no matter what however studies show gals are less willing than guys to leave partners in such circumstances as least in marriage as it appears guys get ready to divorce quick when their partner loses limb(s), gets cancer, or becomes paralyzed. ( link )

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• You can't know, there are no certainties. Just like you don't know whether a woman will stick around if you're diagnosed with a terminal illness you don't know what you're reaction would be if it is her that's diagnosed. We all like to think we'd do the right thing and stand by our partner but until you're put in that position you cannot give a definitive answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you actually have a connection and they are peoples with values then they will stay.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• You can't know, but then again, she's only a part of your life. So if she leaves, replace her with another. People believe in this "one special person" too much. There's a sh*tload of awesome women out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think you can know, but I would imagine someone from a culture where marriage is forever, would work harder to work things out than our culture where there is no social stigma for getting divorced.

0|0
    0|0