Getting a better looking butt.. Help?

So I've been doing squats for a while now. People say the muscles that you work out usually hurt the next day. However, my butt doesn't hurt, instead my legs hurt like crazy. Am I doing it wrong? Is there any other way to improve my body faster?

Also how much would you suggest I continue it doing before I see results? As well, how long would it take to see results?

Most Helpful Guy

• Lunges with a medicine ball, or playing basketball, will do more for your behind...squats work the qudriceps more than anything else.

What Guys Said 2

• to get your butt more into the squat try to keep your shin bones as vertical as possible so that your butt is sticking out more and your torso is leaning forward more to balance yourself. and go down until your thighs are parallel to the floor or more then you'll feel it in your butt.

• Do you even squat? ;)

What Girls Said 5

• you are not doing it right, you have to kneel down sticking out your butt, don't let your knees surpass your toes.

• you're doing it wrong,you need to put your weight on your heels

• it depends on the person,make sure you eat enough protein,especially at dinner,muscles mostly rebuild at night,and eat enough calories so your body doesn't start using your muscles for energy. and once you're able to handle a lot of squats without being sore the next day,add weights

• Lunges really help and eating the right foods, you can also wear pants that make your butt look amazing lol

• you are not doing it rigth

• move around in a squat position till you can feel it in your butt and then lift yourself out of it and then get back in that position that works the butt and that should help you isolate those muscles.