My eyes change color, why is this?

I have kind of noticed but always thought it was my imagination. I have like ocean blue eyes but they kind of turn a dark dull blue. Anyways this afternoon I noticed they seem pretty vibrant, glass-like and just alive as opposed to just a blue steel, solid look.

Why is this?

No, it has nothing to do with clothing or reflections. They were very different looking and had a bit of a sparkle.

Most Helpful Girl

• it has to do with light and clothing. people like to think that their eyes change with mood, but it's not the case. you should look up the science of eye color and how the melanin works. your eyes have flecks of different colors in them, and depending on what you're wearing and what the light is like, different flecks show brighter. since you said that it changes in the afternoon, it's sort of a conformation, unless you spend all your time indoors. my eyes are hazel, but in bright sunlight, they look amber and when I wear a red top, my eyes look green.

• Yup, when I look in the mirror, it is always in doors, in the same bathroom that has no external light except. But you could be right, however, this morning I noticed my eyes didn't have that "shine" to it.

• Shine, I think you're trying to glorify your eyes a bit. peoples eyes have facets of color and they pop in certain conditions.

• I don't have the right words. Typically they seem pretty dull to me, a cold steel look which isn't really that appealing. But yesterday it had kind of a light blue-ish, sunny ocean blue color to it. Maybe I am imagining things.

What Girls Said 6

• Maybe they are reflecting what you're wearing. My eyes are usually dark brown but I have had people ask me on occasion if I was wearing colored contacts because they looked gray. If I am tired my irises look dull, but if I get a good amount of sleep they look shinier and brighter.

• It is physically impossible for your eyes to change color based on seasons, moods, or anything else like that. It is possible, however, for eyes to change colors over long periods of time. Your eyes may seem to change colors based on what color you're wearing or how light hits your eyes.

• I work in optics, I agree. But the color or hue or something seems totally different. Maybe there's more water in my eye (in the morning), or some sort of hormone causing the color?

• it depends on the way your emotions are playing with your body. It's sort of like a mood ring; the better you feel, the less stress there is on your body and the more vibrant you are! my eyes are grey and always change colors, but they are prettiest when I'm happy. it's probably the same for you!

• It can also depend on the type of clothes you wear to, one of my friends eyes do that and she wears purple one day her eyes are like a dark blue, then otherdays she wears yellow they turn a green color.

so it can also depend on the clothing too.

• MINE TOO! from green to blue its so weird

• I had this for a while. When I was little my eyes would change from blue to green depending on the seasons. I wasn't imagining things because my parents noticed it too. When I turned like 10 they just got stuck on green and never changed back. I have no idea why this happens. I don't think it is anything serious.

• It is cool, like my eye color, vibrance just looks better. Is it that I am getting better sleep? Time of day?

• Yea I really never figured it out. It cold be the lighting you are in at the time.

• No, because I check in the bathroom and the lighting is always the same. My eyes just look alive as oppose to just looking boring and dull.

What Guys Said 1

• actually, my eyes tend to reflect what I'm wearing, so right now I'm wearing blue, which means I have blue eyes... I dk something about my eyes can do that...anyway, that's probably what happening with you, or it could be like delia said, just changed over time