If she thought I looked nice why didn't she smile or talk to me?

The other day my boyfriend needed to go to his company location for a new uniform, not where he actually works. When we were walking over we talked little and there was a girl at a distance with her kid. She started to walk slower and turned around and smiled and said she recognized my boyfriends voice. Since she turned around my boyfriend introduced me to her and it was one of his supervisors from work so I smiled at her. We walked to the office to go get the uniform and she didn't really look at me but she smiled when she talked with my boyfriend, I smiled at her but ended up feeling awkward so I sat down while he waited. I noticed she looked at me quite a few times so I kept smiling but she never smiled back. She talked to him a bit and smiled a lot then she sat down across the room and again she keeps looking at me so I keep smiling at her. My boyfriend came to sit with me and honestly I thought I might have a creepy smile so I asked him if it looked awkward when I smile and he assured me I don't. She looked at me a number of of times and I smiled when I noticed but she never smiled back. The next day at work she told my boyfriend that I look nice and pretty. If I didn't looks scary or mean why wouldn't she smile back? And if she talked to my boyfriend and he introduced us why didn't she even try saying hi?

I know I had just met her but when I meet people I try to get to know them a little.

Most Helpful Guy

• One of two things. She is either very shy, so she was trying to avoid conversation with someone she didn't know and that's why the next day she told your boyfriend you looked nice and pretty(because she knows him from work and is more comfortable speaking with him.) OR She likes your boyfriend, sees you as a threat and didn't want him to know so she complemented you to him the next day. One of those two is the most likely of answers I can think of. Hope this helps. = )

• I was leaning more toward the first one but all the supervisors I know always have friendly personalities, it's not good to be shy if they put you in charge of people. And thanks I really hope it's not the second one though. :)

What Guys Said 1

• It's because she's not in the mood to be social at the moment

What Girls Said 1

• my guess is that she likes your boyfriend