Why would a guy avoid direct eye contact whilst talking to a girl?

Whilst I was talking to this guy, he would look at my face for 1 second then look away and then look back again at my face. He continued doing this whilst I was talking to him. It seemed like he couldn't keep eye contact with me. Why? Is it a normal thing for most guys to behave like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Many guys have trouble making eye contact because they aren't use to it or it feels awkward or because they person they are trying to make eye contact with is very attractive or intimidating.. Try to make him feel comfortable and don't stare at his eyes while talking to him let him look at you without looking at him for too long of a time then he will have less trouble making eye contact with you.

What Guys Said 1

• He was probably nervous talking to you, since he couldn't make eye contact. He probably is interested in you because of this.

What Girls Said 1

• idk, perhaps he just felt it really awkward and a bit intense to be giving you eye contact 100% of the time.

Some people just aren't good at giving a lot of eye contact.