Girls and their flaunty short shorts?

Short shorts are to today what mini-skirts were to the 60s, and I'm not sure if most girls even realize that us guys are aware of that.

It's just the thing this time of year, skimpy 6 inch shorts that are so tight they look painted on. It's kind of ridiculous, especially when they try to claim they wear these because it's hot. A basic understanding of scientific principle dictates that if you want your skin to breathe, you do not wear something that is skin tight. So in effect, said micro shorts basically defeat the purpose of wearing shorts.

You girls wear these because they're a definite attention grabber. It's possible some think they're actually practical, but I'm sure most of them are just trying to make a statement with them. At statement like, "hey, look at me!" Sort of reminds me of an adult wearing like a little kids piece of clothing or something.

There's a certain point where a girl's flaunt sort of starts to become tasteless and just unattractive, and I think the short shorts bandwagon is just at the point. No one wants to call it but they look goofy if not a bit slutty to be wearing out like it's casual.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wear them, but it covers everything. I don't see the problem. I live in Florida. I don't wish for attention from anyone except my boyfriend, it's just so damn hot here! I do want it when I have my shirt off and I'm working out. ;)

I've worn short shorts until it became a trend because I've been running for 5 years. It was a blessing when it became an actual article of clothing. The humidity here is unbearable. A lot of chicks that live somewhat near the beach just walk around in bathing suits. Sometimes it isn't for attention. It's to be comfy.

It's the same as a guy walking around with no shirt or him wearing a wife beater when his arms are very defined. So your rant is invalid

Oh and by the way I do wear kid clothes and I'm 18. I'm 85lbs and 4'11". So thanks for That insult. I'll have you know I have a growth hormone disorder and was supposed to be 4'5" and 60lbs. I took shots for 4 years every night to grow this much and not suffer to have a permanent body of a 12 year old.

• The point I'm trying to make is if you wear shorts that were just a bit longer, and a bit more roomy, you'd get the same effect, if not better as far as heat. Having them as short as possible doesn't really aid you. Direct sunlight is not the idea if you're concerned about heat, or UV rays. Skirts, you know those things you girls forgot about? Seems ideal for hot weather.

My rant would only be "invalid" if I had said guys are never vain or desperate for attention.

• You are the spoiled bratty type aren't you?. You really need to learn to calm down and approach disagreements with civility and tact, or else you're not going to convince me, or anyone else for that matter of your case. I DO live in the humid continental climate zone. Stop making assumptions about where I live or what else I must think, that's the definition of ignorance.

• Check my username. Are you That blind?!

I have a bit of a temper but I'm not gonna waste my time on you.

What Girls Said 7

• It's hot as f*** outside, ain't nobody trying to wear a muumuu for modesty lol. You might be one of the rare men who dislike short shorts. You don't have to like them

• Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? Us guys wear shorts. We even have shorts that come up above the knee, and that's fine. Even thigh level is understandable. But if your shorts don't have much on the length of your undies t becomes obvious your just trying to show as much skin as you can. And when the seat of your shorts look cropped from the tightest fit imaginable, it's obvious your butt crack is probably dripping with sweat because you're not allowing your skin to breathe.

• I enjoy wearing short shorts, but I am not good when it comes to getting attention for them. It is rather embarrassing. I have great legs, so I wear shorts and bikinis in the summer... I just don't like to be gawked at. I figure, as long as you go for the more classy link and not the trashy link then all will be good

• They're in style and it's hot out. If your butt is covered that's fine.

• yeah... I was driving down the street one day and this lady was wear cut off shorts and her but cheeks were hanging out for all to see. She had a couple of kids with her as well ._.

• so? they're not making you wear them,or look at them.

• what do you expect girls to wear if it is really hot out there

• Wear shorts. Just wear ones that are a little more *there* and a little more tailored to breathe. You'll be no worse off.

• just let them wear what they want

• Lol 6 inch shorts... are you kdding? XD Try 3 inch shorts... this is what is popular link I could honestly careless if someone hates me wearing shorts. I worked for these legs and I am going to wear what I feel great in :)

• Flaunt those sexy legs .. says this leg man xD

well that a s s too ;)

• Oh I dunno, maybe the part about you calling yourself eye candy and saying men could never touch you? You also don't date, so obviously there's some baggage there. Pretty self-explanatory.

• I don't date, because I have other things that I'd rather do than be in a relationship. I'm eye candy, because men want to date me, but they can't. I refuse anyone that ask(can't touch me). Duh... No baggage here, just the simplicity of being a lone wolf.

What Guys Said 2

• Hell, I'll look and stare at them hahaha. It's free clothed sex for my eyes.

• So you don't like them why you ruining it for rest of us red blooded males? How the hell is it tasteless? Are you blind? They look sexy a$$ looks hot the freakin problem is?

Don't like it look away, problem solved.