What do you think of men who still dress young & trendy?

Let's say like 27 and older. I was recently set up on a date and when he showed up, I thought, "no, that can't be him, he looks like he's in high school.." but it was.

Personally, I prefer the more laid back style. Like you know they didn't take longer than a girl to get ready. (For the record it takes me about 30 - 40 min.)

I'm just wondering some opinions in this, we all have our preferences. The perfectly styled faux hawk on a 29 year old well-educated, working professional was just my turn off.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love when guys dress good, but I agree that's better when they try to look like its effortless.

• Yes, I totally agree. A man can still look great when it's effortlessly done. When they care a bit too much, then like @abundantlyrich stated above, it becomes too metro. - this all of course pertaining to my individual preferences.

• yeah I agree

What Guys Said 4

• I know a girl who was 25 and she would exclusively go for 25+ Scene guys so I guess this is all a matter of opinion. If she's nice, intelligent and attractive, I don't care if she has a bowl cut and a brown potato sack on, I'll give her a shot... and maybe help her out if things go well :P

• Awesome, that's a very optimistic answer. We are all wired differently, and learning how people are attracted to one another is another question it itself. I'm very artistic so I do value people who freely self express, however as far as what I'm particularly attracted to, style does matter a little to me, and the metrosexual look isn't it. He seemed closely married to his look too. As a friend, he is amazing.

• If he's delving into the world of metro and that he takes too long to get ready, then I can see the lack of appeal. As for me, I just put on my clothes, wash my face and I'm ready to go, haha! 5 minutes tops! I agree with you that freedom of expression is a must but some fashion items should be left to the teens.

• Haha, yeah, that should be the allotted time, give or take a few extra minutes, for a man to get ready.

• Guys will try hard to look the same age as you. They don't want to be thought of as an 'older guy.'

Usually, that effort to 'look young' just backfires, as it has with you, and makes you think MORE about their age!

• Haha, that's interesting. He's just really the first man I've met to care so much about his style and have a "trademark" hairstyle, that he spends quite a while on every morning. That's what prompted me to get opinions by asking this. If I judged him on his clothing we wouldn't still be hanging out as friends.

• I already presumed so. Thanks, it is noted :)

• Good luck! Your instincts are right with him, imao..

• As a guy in my mid 30s I find most guys around me are dressed either like they're in high school or total slobs or the blandest clothing imaginable. It's hard to wear anything else without really standing out. It's annoying.

• Well, I honestly appreciate a man who doesn't care too deeply on his fashion sense. Throwing on a t shirt and jeans/shorts, sneakers, baseball hat is enough sexy for me. Under the right circumstances, I LOVE a man in a suit.

• How exactly was he dressed? And how were you expecting him to be dressed? And what hairstyle were you expecting him to have?

• He looked like a man who really, deeply cared about his style. I'm not used to being with a man who cares that much to have designer bags, wallets, shoes, jeans, etc.. The hairstyle itself just did not make him look his age, nor a few years younger. It made him look too young. I just like a more 'laid-back, care to look good but not obsessive about it' style, for his age. If that makes sense. Regardless, he is a great guy and becoming a really fun friend.

What Girls Said 3

• They love themselves too much. Metros.

• I think that men should really learn how to dress their age otherwise they can look pretty dumb.

• i think "who are they kidding?"