What to do when you get attacked for looking young?

I was in the elevator at the airport and I had a ton of luggage that boxed me in. A woman and her child were also in the elevator. This other woman comes in and the door closes on her slightly and she asks for help. The woman who is already there holds the door for her. Then the woman who held the door turns to me and says "why don't you help her instead of staring". I responded and she goes "don't be smart". She yelled at me like a child of 15 when I am closer to 30.

I personally feel that people take liberties with people who look young. I had a ton of luggage and after a long journey I just was out of it. How does one deal with this type of thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• nothing

What Guys Said 3

• Someone yell at me? My reaction is a voice and a stare that freezes most people in their tracks. I learned it from my grandfather while growing up. He was a very intimidating man. RIP.

• I know how you feel. I work with this girl who treats me like I'm a child when I'm 28. I might even be older than she is (never asked her age) it's very insulting.

• well you are not obligated she obviously felt obligated and pissed off about it, nice people just do nice things without getting mad. when someone is rude to me when I did nothing I get rude back and give them a very disgusted look it works and they get the message. some people just want to watch the world burn and nothing you can do or say will change that.

What Girls Said 3

• I feel the same.

I had my kid at 23, and look a little younger.

A few People assumed I was an 18 year old who couldn't care properly for my child and gave me tips. When I told them how old I was, and that I know what I am doing they were shocked.

• she was nasty. I would just tell her its not my obligation and that she should mind her own business

• I get asked for my id whenever I buy alcohol or get in the club. It pisses me off but I just keep silent.