How does one properly apply eyeshadow?

I've seen various types of girls with eyeshadow everywhere, and it looks awful. I don't wear much makeup myself, but id rather learn from someone who knows what they are talking about. anyone out there can help?

Most Helpful Girl

• line the eye. use gradations from dark to light starting from the lid. I always start with lighter eyeshadows like pearl or shimmer under the lid and the inside of the eye beneath the brow to make my eyes look awake. I usually go for something natural like a taupe brown or chest nut brown with beige and pearl. But depending on your eye colour and outfit, you change these basic colours, but it's the same idea.

I use a black liquid liner on the lid and then the lower lid

you follow up with the shimmer highlights that may be in ivory, bone or some sort of light colour to underneath the brow and inside

use cream shadow with tones that are a few shades darker than your skin tone and a darker coloured shadow to the base (eye lid) which I usually use chestnut brown.

there hope that helps ^_^

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I wear natural looking makeup and here is what I do:

First, I apply a soft brown shawdow all across my lid, nothing too harsh

Next, depending what you want, you can apply a darker shade in the crease to make the eyes look deeper, or you can apply a lighter shade which will make your eyes pop-out more-make sure you blend it well, so that it doesn't look like you have a solid line in the crease

Then, I apply a soft brown liquid eye-liner and a few coats of mascara, and it just looks like you are more awake and cleaned up

• It depends on what result you want. Here's a good way for a neural look:

Start with a base eyeshadow all over the lid, you can use any shadow that's close to your skintone for this.

Take another shadow (i.e, brown) and put in the crease of the lid and blend softly.

That's a really quick one. There are lots of variants of course. And oh, everyone will tell you to blend like a maniac but makes sure you don't have any color above the brow bone, it will look unnatural.