Eyeliner and eyeshadow....

What is the 'right' way to do it...

Put it on before you put on eyeshadow

Or put in on on top of your eyeshadow?

I do it both ways sometimes, but am beginning to wonder what other people do?

Most Helpful Girl

• eye shadow first, then liner. You should try to get the liner as close to the lash line as possible. Do some experimenting to see what colors work and which don't! have fun with it, but try to make it as natural as possible.

link

link

link

youtube is a great place to look up make-up tips!

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 5

• eyeliner, then eye shadow...and that is how most make-up professionals do it, so they can blend the eyeliner with a little color so it's not as harsh, now if your doing a colored eyeliner other then black, or brown then do it after the eyeshadow for the most dramatic pop of color

• I always put eye liner on in case I don't have extra time to redo it and then eyeshadow. I then would reline the eyeliner and make sure it's even. The double coat of eye liner makes it stay on longer and I don't have to redo it too often

• I put it on eyeliner, then eyeshadow, then eyeliner again. That way I know where I want my eyeliner so I don't cover that spot with eyeshadow because putting it on top of the eyeshadow makes it smear more easily and come off. Also you can use the eyeshadow to fix it a bit, like if you went to wide in one spot you can cover it. But it's is always a bit dull because a little eyeshadow falls down onto the liner so I put it on again to make it stand out more.

• I use liquid liner and I apply eye shadow first and then the liner. I only use the pencil liner in the bottom. If I were to put pencil liner on top, then it would be first eye liner, then eyeshadow, then liner again so I could smudge it out and blend it all together.

• i do it the other way.. especially if its liquid eyeliner.. other wise it ends up getting covered by the eye shadow... my closest friend is a prof make up artist and that they way she was taught..

but in the end its up to you whatever you like best. and also like crystal said if you don't want it to be seen really then you can do it the other way around.. why not try both and see what looks best :)