What should I do to change this?

Every time I look in the mirror for too long I start crying because I think my body is really ugly. I have that stupid "hour glass" figure and it doesn't help that I'm short. I'm 5'4 and 130 pounds. I play water polo so I'm in shape, but whenever I really look at myself I just see this ugly figure. Granted I'm not even an adult yet, but I have a feeling I'll be this shape for the rest of my life. And I think hour glass is a pretty shape on other girls, but I look like I'm trying too hard to be a woman or something. Even looking at my legs for too long makes me cry, because all I see is fat and just uglyness. There's really nothing I like about my body, not even my hair or eyes. I'm hoping that I'll grow taller because I think if I'm taller I'll look better, but for now all I can do is just hide my body in baggy clothes. It doesn't help that everyone I know is into fashion. I'd love to dress pretty and like a girl, but my body is too developed and curvy. I'd rather be tall and super skinny and pretty like everyone else, but I'm not and I don't know how to get there. I work out and look the same. I don't work out and I look the same. I don't know what to do and I want to look pretty. Does anyone have tips on how I can look for now while I'm still growing, or how I can change myself if that's even possible? Thanks for the help.

Most Helpful Guy

• "because all I see is fat and just uglyness."

Yes, you're a woman. That's what most (if not all) women see when they look in the mirror.

I doubt it will help, but if you were suddenly tall and skinny tomorrow, you'd still be bawling your eyes out over something else.

All I can tell you is, no one else sees the "ugly" you that you see.

That is all in your mind.

The version of you that the rest of us see, is vastly different.

The other thing is this - no matter what your body shape, there's a bunch of guys out there who think *that* body type is the perfect one.

You can't change your body - that's genetics. But you can (with a lot of effort) change the way you perceive your body, and how you feel about it. I'd suggest that you work on that.

What Guys Said 4

• The hour glass is ... generally considered the ideal shape. Its the one most men like best I'm not sure what you mean by 'stupid'.

On average, more guys prefer shorter to taller girls, though some do prefer taller. Fashion models are not tall because men prefer tall women: fashion models are tall because it makes photos of them appear thinner (we don't realize how tall they are) which makes fat women imagine they'll look thin in the clothes, even if the clothes aren't remotely flattering on anyone. Note that 5'4" is in fact the average height of American women (technically, 5' 3.8"). And this 5'4"ish woman on average weighs over 166 lbs. If you are 'that shape for the rest of your life', you'll be damn lucky and the envy of most women.

• you could just post your pic on this site and see what's people comment on it. by the way it's not p*rn or anything. it's just to give you a little confidence in yourself

link

• Keep practing yuga may help you.If you can't change your body,then change your heart

• long time,how are you these days

What Girls Said 6

• ur ignorant. be glad you have a good and healthy body. there are people that have health problems. you needa learn how to appreciate and love yourself. nothing wrong with asking for help. as long as you learn how to love you self, physically, emotionally and mentaly.

• Your weight seems normal. I am guessing that you have a really toned body?

It's kind of hard to picture you looking like what you described you are.

Do you get teased a lot for your appearance?

• No I just noticed that all my friends are tall and skinny and they can wear anything but I'm limited because the shape of my body makes me look fat in most clothes or at least I feel that way

• You are fine the way you are just change what you tell yourself everyday.Find clothes that show off your curves flaut it it isn't a bad thing you have curves guys love that.You will find a guy who will love everything about your body.

• just tell yourself you are pretty every day

• you aren't that short actually, just work on your self steem. if you see styling shows you will be able to find the right clothes to make your body look amazing.

• i think you should look in the mirror every day and say something nice to yourself, then tell yourself you are pretty