How do girls look so cute all the time?

I'm always trying to find outfits that look cute and feminine while staying edgy and my style. I want to dress nice and have the time to put into getting ready in the morning, but I have no idea how to put an outfit together, put makeup on, style my hair, or basically be a girl at all. I usually find myself in jeans and an old shirt, or guys shorts just for comfort and frankly it's easy.

How is it that every other girl knows how to do these things and I don't and how do I learn now?

Most Helpful Guy

• The "girly girl" type of girl is usually girlie from when she could learn to walk, and therefore is engulfed in "girlie experience".

Me having a lot of female friends, know that these girls take A LOT of time primping themselves or practicing how to primp themselves. Hair, makeup, as well as accessorizing clothing/shoes/jewelry/accessories.

These girls that "always look cute" are the type that will, in their spare time, play with their hair in different styles to see how it looks. They will practice nail art and different styles of doing their nails to see how it looks and how to do it better. They will play with their makeup (eye makeup styles in combination with lip makeup and different tones and colors of foundation/bronzor/compacts. They will try on entire ensembles, not just clothes, but clothes in combination with shoes, accessories, hats, headbands, etc.

------

In essence, "looking cute" is an artform that these girls have developed and practiced in order to perfectly execute when it's time to get dressed to go somewhere...and I enjoy looking at those cute girls too! :)

Remember that I am the guy that asked this question a few days ago:

link

:-P

What Guys Said 1

• Constant effort, that is how. Every girl that you see looking cute got their either by trial and error, help from friends who learned from someone else, but where it all mostly comes from? Sisters, older sisters to be exact. The ones who learn from their friends have friends who have older sisters and like every bit of knowledge in this world, it is passed down. In substitute of a older sister one might learn from a trendy mother who has obviously been working with make-up and style her whole life. It sounds to me you never had this kind of relationship with an older sister, mother, or these types of friends. Being a guy I can't tell you much but since I grew up with a sister who was my age and she never had an older sister, I witnessed her learn mainly with her friends through trial and error. I can't tell you how to apply make-up nor what to buy since I'm not a girl and never did that stuff, but I can't give you my opinion of what style suits you best based on what I learned through watching my sister. One thing I learned is if you have a deep or darker lipstick, you must have a lighter colored eyeliner and eyeshadow and vice versa. If you go around with both being dark you might just look like a harlot working the corner and if you go with both being light it might just seem too plain, the idea here is CONTRAST. Based on your picture I'd say you might want to use a darker color of lipstick like a shade of red over a shade of pink or peach because of your darker hair, and thus you'll want a lighter eyeshadow in contrast to it. That's all I got on make-up but I think it's a pretty important. The girls who you are talking about don't often wear clothes that they would describe as comfortable like the clothes you said you wore. You're going to have to be okay with wearing constricting clothes. Get an understanding of the color wheel and hold your clothes up against you in front of the mirror to see which one match best and keep note of it for later. Get yourself some jean shorts, regular shorts of many colors (don't be afraid to have colorful clothing), and for shirts well don't go with guy style shirts. Girls have too many different styles of shirts for me to even begin to say what type of shirts you need so my suggestion is find a pair of shorts you like first, then start trying on tops to see what looks the best with the shorts and try all different styles of shirts. You have to discover it yourself and you'll find what you like, but what it all requires is for you to get out there and try and start working on your own unique wardrobe. It's probably weird seeing this answer from a guy but my mind is very observant and I soak up ever bit of information I even learn and it sticks with me so I know a lot about a large variety of subjects and things. If you want to know more, comment and I'll try to help.

• I think this is the colors/shades that would look best on you

link

that or this

link

What Girls Said 13

• I so know this feel! May I take the liberty of giving you tipes based on your profile pic?

-Hair: Add layers and volume (maybe with hair mousse and blowdrying). I'd say a short sidebang would work for your face type. (Or go to a good, expensive saloon and say "do whatever you like. I want it feminine and easy to mantain.)

-Look for "easy everyday make up tutorial" on YouTube. Focus on the eyes - they have a beautiful color - but too small. Watch tutorials for small eyes and chubby cheeks ^^ Also, make your brows at the saloon. Eyebrows are very important.

-Watch shows like "What not to wear", "Full makeover", etc. They teach girls to match colors and dress their body types to enhance their best qualities. Once you know what to buy, invite a fashionable friend to help you! This way she helps you and you two have fun.

-Cute underwear and smelling good is important too. Having cute matching undies underneath your clothes and feeling how good your skin smells makes you feel sexy and feminine like nothing else can.

Feeling pretty, sexy and smelling good are the most effective way of feeling feminine. Once you learn it, you won't stop! I had the same problem you do, but now I can't go back to that. ^^ Do feel comfy to ask any further questions and tips!

• Youtube is good for learning how to do your own makeup and hair and things like that. They also have tutorials on things that don't take ALL day. You most likely won't need to know much more than the basics (mascara, eyeliner, lip color) because all girls don't need to apply a full face of makeup everyday. If you haven't felt the need for foundation all these years, chances are your skin is already pretty decent so just play up your eyes with simple makeup there's less chance for mistakes and you won't look like you're trying too hard.

As far as fashion, wear what you like and what's comfortable. Don't worry about what you see other girls in and what the new trend is. If you see a girl in something cute, she probably didn't put nearly as much thought into it as you're thinking. She most likely picked up something she liked and felt good in, and just wore it. It's really that simple.

Believe it or not, you're doing girlie stuff already, you probably just FEEL like you should have to put in more effort. You don't. Just do experiment with things you already like. I've seen plenty of girls look super cute in guy's shorts, or t shirts and jeans and look completely feminine. Your wardrobe shouldn't take as much planning as you're thinking it should. You have no issues.

• You need to absorb fashion.read a fashion mag or 3, watch fashion police and fashion queens.pay attention to new trends and what your fave celebs are wearing.oh and don't forget some YouTube videos, they have YouTube gurus who really make looking stylish simpler and attainable

Never wear men's clothes! Don't do this ever unless you just had sex and your being sexy wearing his shirt.other than that only exception, don't wear clothes made for a man.you are a lady so dress like one :)

Pay attention to detail when shopping for new and accessorizing your current clothes. Find ways to either make dainty touches like with bows, jewelry and belts. buy clothes that fit well and that make you feel pretty.if you pay attention to this rule, don't buy it unless you feel pretty or sexy in it, you'll always have something to wear

• For me I just wear what I like.

Eg - "Ooh, that's sparkly. I like it." *puts on*

I don't try to follow fashion at all, I just wear what I like and what feels good on. The quote that everyone seems to hate here: "Just be yourself" :)

I go to value village or other thrift stores and just try a million things on and choose the best things that feel good and I like :)

Despite always thrift shopping I'm considered best dressed at college... which is not a good thing while pursuing a chemistry degree :P though I rock it none the less. I am who I am!

• I find a lot of my ideas from sites like pinterest.com under their fashion section. Or YouTube tutorials. They also help heaps in learning how to do make up and hair as well as how to get cute outfits together.

• they waste a lot of time on absorbing fashion. if you want to waste your life too,i recommend the sartorialist and lookbook.

• Do not be anxiety.

It is really a difficult job for all girls at beginning.

Read the fashion magazine and find the fashion trend, looking for they style which suits you best.

Do not prepare your outfit in the morning, do it in last night, only in that way you will not too hurry to make everything in chaos.

Make up is really not a easy thing in the beginning, just try to learn some skills in Youtube, there're really some helpful tips easy to learn.

Hope you can find your own style and become the cute girl in your heart.

• Google is your best friend in this case.There are many websites that can help.

• I learned make up on my own, same with straightening my hair(YouTube helps). But those things don't make you beautiful. I stopped doing most things to my appearance, mostly just didn't see the point and was depressed and didn't want to bring attention to myself, but now I feel like people take me more seriously and talk to me like a real person, not like they are trying to please me with what they say. I not going to be cheesy and say your personality what's important, it is, but you can still be beautiful on the outside and not waste money and time on superficial stuff. Some simple things you can do are eat healthy and work out, I killed two birds with one stone and started gardening, I get fresh food and a free work out... and a free sun tan! Natural and simple is beautiful! Go for that look, make it seem like you don't try hard.

• we make an effort

• I'm wondering the same thing. I have tried and failed. I can't fathom the amount of time, effort, and money that goes into looking good all the time and have time for anything else.

I'm not hating, I'm genuinely curious about how this is done.

Take the fashion out of the equation and it still seems like a lot of time, effort, money. Basically I just make sure I work out, make sure my hair is fairly presentable, and hygiene decent.

• I watch a lot of movies, tutorials, tumblr blogs and thebeautydepartment.com to get thing and ideas from.

Then when I shop I try to get things that could match really well with other things, skirts, shirts, dresses and sandals

• well what I do is watch fashion police, see photos of my favorite celebrities and find things like that on different store and I always try stuff I think is not for me