Why most gamers are nerd-looking?

Truth is that most gamers are nerd-looking,i mean that they wear glasses even outside,they're unshaved and they've got bad haircuts with dirt on their hair...but why? I'm a gamer too (I play video games about 3 hrs per day) but yet,i'm always clean-shaved,i never wear glasses outside and my hair are more military-esque isntead of nerdish. It's not even cool,looking nerdish.

Most Helpful Girl

• more people are gamers than you'd think. there are plenty of ''hot'' gamers out there,and nerdy-looking non-gamers,it's just that the stereotype of a gamer is that they're unattractive

What Girls Said 9

• That's just some gamers. I think they are so addicted to the video games they just don't care about their appearance and the world around them. I've heard of guys skipping school and work because they wanted to play video games all day. I love video games too but I could never stop caring about my appearance.

• Most are unattractive, fat, lazy and don't take care of themselves.

I'm Very nerdy but I do not fit the description. My kill death ratio for call of duty black ops is 1.7 and I've been playing video games all my life. I've had my Xbox for 5 years.

Yet I still have time to put on mascara and a cute top along with working out. Sometimes they can't balance their gaming and health/appearance well

• They're in their own world and probably don't care about being cool or don't know how to be

• Most of them care more about the gamer lifestyle than their overall appearance

• I know a lot of gamers and they don't really look like nerds, maybe a little bit because of their glasses, but they care about their appearance. Maybe it depends on age or the time they spend playing games.

• they don't care about their appearance

• because most gamers play more than 3 hours a day and with what time is left they watch movies.

• i have seen a lot of hot gamers.

• because most of the hardcore gamers are into that to be be in a "virtual world" most likely because they are insecure, not confident, etc. so they don't care about how they look

What Guys Said 7

• Because we're awesome. Nerds are awesome and looking like one is even more awesome. I don't have dirt in my hair though haha

• ah I remember you...you are the one who blame me for being a bully eh? well sure is that looking bully-esque is more cool than looking nerdish...who was the one who was kicking asses back in the school? :P

• I solved my problems with my intellect not my fists in school.

• Bullies are stupid and insecure. I'd rather date a nerd than a bully any day. Besides if a fellow nerd is getting picked on.. Well I don't mind putting a bully in his place. They are usually weak and slow. I could easily break an arm just as a warning<3

• It all depends if you're talking about hardcore gamers or gamers in total. Hardcore gaming lifestyle does tend to make them care less about appearance and/or hygiene, because they go outside less than others though there are always exceptions on both sides.

If we are talking about all gamers in general your statement doesn't apply that much anymore, because gaming community has widened immensely and there is no telling who's a gamer and who's not. I've seen many exceptions both ways.

• Not entirely true, gamers come in many flavors my friend.

Mila Kunis is a gamer, Brandon Routh is also a gamer, Megan Fox was also addicted to Halo (may still be).

Lotta flavors.

• If you're talking about like, hardcore gamers, then yeah, we mostly come in Cheetos and Monster energy drink flavors.

• I like eating apple slices or frozen blueberries when I play. So much sweeter :)

• That...actually...sounds really f***ing delicious. Consider your idea stolen.

• A lot of those hardcore gamers that fit your description are that way because they are so addicted to gaming that they don't care about basic hygiene or taking care of themselves. They just can't wait to sit in front of a game.

I've seen and know people that fit your description, but there's also normal people that game just as much, depends on the person.

• Do I look like nerd-looking to you? Unshaven? Bad haircut? There is also stereotype they tend to be fat?

Where exactly have you come across these gamers. Gamers are your average general people. You make them sound like they're a whole different species. So you're saying people playing GW2 now are nerds with bad hair cuts, and a beard?

What's the opposite of nerd by the way, if nerd is bad then opposite of nerd is good ... ?

(wrong category btw)

• lmao.

• of course stereotypes like yours make it seem that way.