I've come on too strong.

I am attracted to a guy I work with.I'm outgoing and friendly and he is the complete opposite, he very rarely smiles or talks and is very shy and socially awkward. The only reason I noticed him was Because he was checking me out all the time and when I'd look he'd turn away smiling shyly. In the year I've known him I have hardly seen him talk or even look at another woman, but he's tried to talk, smile and pay attention to me, has also blushed and given big grins. What I thought he needed was for me to chase him, fb and tweet and be persistant, unfortunately even though he still wants to be aroumd me and pay attention, he's backed off a bit, and seems more nervous...funny that!

I know I've come on too strong and probably scared him.

Where do I go from here, as I think this guy is worth every bit of my time.

Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• you didn't scare him, he got more nervous since he sees there is a possibility between the both of you, he is bound to get more nerbous

What Guys Said 2

• Engineer a way for you to meet outside of work. If it has to be in a group, fine, but get into a position where you can get close to him in a non-work setting. You can work on him then.

• I'm exactly that kind of guy.

Be as upfront as you can with him, and tell him that you honestly like him and that he doesn't need to be shy. Shyness is just a way of protecting yourself from disappointments. If you take out the risk factor, he'll have no reason to be shy with you.

What Girls Said 3

• i would just wait for him to stop thinking I'm like that and then try again like asking him to hang out.

• I don't think you scared him off, he's just nervous/excited because things are progressing. Try to get together, casually, maybe in a group.

• well just try and coold down in all the things you have done. then just go ahead and talk to him face to face.