True or False: Girl should always be better looking than her man

If the man is much better looking than the girl, then there is a problem. The man is only using her. If they are equally attractive, they may genuinely like each other and the man will stay if she has a great personality. If he is better looking, then he's using her for easy sex.

TRUE OR FALSE.

Most Helpful Girl

• False. I actually believe the opposite lol. You haven't thought about another perspective. That guy could also not care so much about looks as he does about personality and love the girl for her humour or lovingness which just reflect on her outer beauty. I mean what you say is a possibility, but there's more than one perspective on this.

there are no rules when it comes to love- no one 'should be' anything- why do people always go by the rules? I say they need to be broken. make your own rules people! as long as both are comfortable with themselves and with each other I c no reason as to why any other rules should apply :)

• good answer and I really wish you were right, however every guy has almost agreed that looks are so important in women. looks are the driving force...read any blog.

• Looks are important to women, no doubt. All they want is male models with muscles and owning expensive cars

• yeah they are. I had to do this essay about gender roles in the media and farout its like all a woman should do in society is look good, take care of a household and seduce. Tbh, I know what you mean about what males they want... ill put it out there that I may be one of few who don't necessarily find that important=]

What Guys Said 7

• I say false because everyone puts a varying amount of weight on the "attractive ratio" of themselves vs their partner.

• False.

Because the tastes of each individual differ.

Beauty is an objective trait, however, some people just like things that are ugly.

Ive also known women who are way hot and thought they were ugly.

I also see often 400 lb women with fat moles on their butts shaking their half naked butts in clubs thinking they are hotter than the supermodels that are getting drinks at the bar.

• Women who are way hot and think they are ugly get used by men because men think they have low self-esteem. True or false?

• Thats not a true or false answer.

Because if I say true, you will think its 100% of the time.

When in reality its more like at most 10% of the time. And it depends on if she has low self esteem or not.

In my experience the hotter the woman is, the more insecure she is, which is a bit different than self esteem issues.

The hotter the woman is however the more likely the man is NOT going to use her just for sex.

Hes going to want to keep her, in hopes that her personality is also good.

• Your explanation is straight up stupid. My brother has dated a few girls who the public didn't deem on the same physical "Level" (whatever that means) as he is. But he had long relationships with those girls because he's not shallow. Now his Girlfriend is hot as sh*t. I think that it's kind of his reward for not being a shallow ahole. But your comment flat out wrong.

• what makes you think my question poses any kind of explanation? I'm not "explaining" anything.

• You posed it as a statement. I get it now though, you're asking if that statement is true or false. My mistake. I think it's False.

• Im a boy and if I were amazingly handsome I will use my looks to get laid with as many gorgeous women I could.

Now some people say amazingly gorgeous women use men to get all of their money and material stuff as long as the guy can give until he is bankrupt. In such a sense, some will say she is using the man.

Now, I can tell it is a lot more noble to use your looks to get sex (as a handsome guy would do) than to use your looks to get money an possesions (as a gorgeous woman would do)

• this is subjective, no straight answer

• I think women are the ones that have problems if the guy is more attractive than her. Most women are insecure and not confident. I personally see no problem with the guy being better looking than the girl or the other way around

• He isn't necessarily using her.

But yeah, I do think usually both parties (but especially the woman) are happier if the woman is better looking than the guy, not necessarily hugely better looking but noticeably better looking. I've experienced that in my own relationships, not that I'm bad looking myself lol. And I've noticed that in other people's relationships. Certainly, if the woman is noticeably worse looking than the man, she will often feel insecure and jealous, which is damaging to the relationship.

I think a lot of women fantasize about being with a super hot guy, but often they can't handle it in reality, even if the women themselves are also super hot. I have a few male friends like that who've had those experiences.

• Thanks for your answer. Do your male friends believe that if they are way better looking than their GFs, then they could easily leave them for hotter girls?

• and how old are you?

• I'm 25. Well, I've got a couple of male friends who are super ripped and have done modelling jobs. No these guys wouldn't get into relationships if they didn't like the girl, but that doesn't stop the girl from getting jealous and insecure.

What Girls Said 9

• Satistically speaking marriage are most sucessfull with peope of similiar education, income and attractiveness. But they're even more sucessfull if the husband makes slightly more money and the wife is slightly more attractive.

So ya I guess there is some truth to it, altough I wouldn't go as far and say every guy that is dating a girl less attrctive than him is using her. Generally you should look for someone that is roughly as attractive as you are though

• I disagree. A girl shouldn't date a guy that she's much better looking, because then she's settling and likely isn't attracted to him in the first place. Both partners should be attracted to each other

• False. Not everything is cut and dry like that.

• false, it could go either way

• true! nobody makes as big of a fuss if a girl is hotter than the guy.

• False

• There is no right or wrong when it comes to who we choose to love. Insecurity is not started because of the partner, that comes from within us and it's up to US to validate ourselves, not up to our partner. I think typically, most couples are similar to one another as far as attractiveness goes but there are always exceptions.

• False. I've seen some hot guys with not so pretty women

• false, I've seen a lot of couples in the other way and they work out really well