Do stretch marks ever go away?

I'm not big I'm about 5'2 160 lbs... everything thinks I look fine but I don't like it I wear about a 10 or 12 right now. I've been on a major diet and exercise thing for about 3 weeks now and started out in a 14. I've always had a problem with being slightly overweight I should be around 130 and having stretch marks..but I've been working really hard trying to loose it any tips? But my question is how to get rid of stretch marks? How do you tighten up your skin? And if exercise does it then..do they just fade away? I got them on my boobs my legs my sides backside of my arms. And its embarrassing

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, let me commend you for attemting a new lifestyle. I think you will find its worth it.

Every girl has stretch marks, and if a girl says they dont, she is lying. They are natural. However, you can make them appear less noticeable by putting on self tanner, or my putting on lotion daily in the areas where you're worried about stretch marks happening.

As for diet, continue with portion control and eating healthy foods. Those alone can make a huge difference. Don't do a major diet, but just eat healthier foods and in smaller portions. Have one serving instead of two. Have fruit instead of ice cream, or a water instead of a soda. This is not a diet, this is a lifestyle that you should continue throughout your life. Enjoy veggies, fruits, lean meats, fish, rice and beans.

As for exercise, a combination of cardio and weight training is ideal. Cardio will build lung capacity and you will notice a drop in weight from that, and you will build an overall tone. With weight training, you will ton in specific areas. You will not bulk up so no worries. With this combination you will lose and tone body fat at the same time.

Hope this works for ya!

What Guys Said 1

• Without some sort of surgical procedure stretch marks never really go away. But they can definitely be faded enough so they are barely noticeable. This can be accomplished with exercise (which you're already doing), stretch mark creams, and staying hydrated. As far as tightening your skin goes that usually comes with time, especially if you keep your skin hydrated, and your body hydrated. I have more info on my site if you wanna come check it out at link Well I hope my answer helps, and good luck with your diet and losing weight!

What Girls Said 10

• They don't go away but they do fade. Cocoa butter helps. Do you tone up? Throw in some weight sessions every other workout session. Don't lift too much or you'll bulk up.

• hmmm. I heard using emu oil is very helpful. you can buy it from natural health food stores. or just take vitamin e supplements

• So, I never had stretch marks until I gave birth but they came with a vengence so I feel your pain. They can fade but they never really go away per say. You can exfoliate them with a body brush before you get in the shower while the skin is still dry. This helps to speed up the circulation in the area and also acts as a demabrasion. Lavendar oil mix with pure Coco Butter works decently too. I also use AHA 10 which is like a chemical peel and that seems to be fading them. I hear Strivecten works nicely too but it is kind of expensive. You can also ask your doctor for a Retina A perscription. That supposedly works.Don't distress, they don't define who you are.

• use bio oil! it relaly really does help and it's proven to work. hope it helps!

• u can fade them with bio oil

u can get it from the chemist

link

thats a link to what I mean :]

More from Girls
5