Tall people, do you like being tall? Pros and Cons to your tallness?

I'm curious. I'm down here and I wonder what things are like up there

*waves up there* :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I can't really say if I like being tall, since it's who I am so I can't change the fact. Though I haven't hoped that I'd be short either.

As for pros, you can reach into places better, you can use your height to an advantage in sports and fights, you look more intimidating and you can navigate crowds more easily.

As for cons, you are a bigger target, you (usually) aren't as agile as shorter people. Also people tend to pick fights with you because you are big. That's all in my experience.

What Guys Said 7

• I love it!

Because for some reason girls like it.. just it's not like you look any different just from being tall.. you're just.. bigger, but you'd still look the same when smaller, but if they like it they like it and I can't complain!

Also it's easier to pick up stuff from high shelves, it's convenient

Cons? There are no cons... maybe for some people constantly bumping their head to something, like the ceiling would count as one but I'm not giant-tall for it to be an actual issue for me

• Pros: People look up to you and listen because height commands physical respect... at least from new acquaintances. You get picked first even if you're not good at sports. Women looooove tall guys. Even if you're not that attractive, seems like 90% of women want a guy 6ft+, it's good to be in high demand. You can reach things other people can't.

Cons: People troll you with questions like, "Do you play basketball?" Or simply, "Woooow, how tall are you?" Traveling is difficult. Fitting your legs into a small car or plane is tough.

• You have to watch out for low flying airplanes and flocks of geese.

• I wouldn't say I'm tall I'm 6'1" but my brother who is tall is 6'7" I wish I had his height lol, I see some advantages of being that tall, but I've also seen him hit his head on doorways because he forgot to duck and also he can't really sit in smaller cars.

• tall is a relative term just like big is a relative term. what's tall to you may not be tall to me.i'm 5'8" and my mom is 5'5" I can reach things she cant, so that's nice, but sometimes I feel like I wish I could be 6'4"

• At 5'11'', I'm slightly taller than average. I'd prefer to be 6'2'' or so.

• I'm 6'3" and it has it's disadvantages. Flying is miserable because I can never get comfortable. With my height comes broader shoulders, and sitting anywhere but in an aisle seat, where I can "hang out" into the aisle space, is a recipe for misery.

Also, being tall makes it more difficult to find clothes or cars that fit.

What Girls Said 4

• lol I love the imagery, you make it sound tall peoples heads touch the clouds:P

i rekon the guys like it=] I'm sure some of the girls would too:P

i must say tho, I know one of the pros and it does target us shorter people:P I had a guy friend in school who would stand right in front of me, put his hand against his brow, look DIRECTLY over my head and yell out my name and say "WHEERE ARE YOUU?" then he'd turn to other people standing by and say "where on earth did she go?!"

very mean lol, but I'm guessing they enjoy that. I just laugh it off because it is pretty funny. mind you this guy is like just over 6 foot and I'm 5'3 to 5'4... 0:)

• i like being tall but I hate having to get everything my mom can reach for and bumping my head in the car or no being able to sleep comfotably in any sofa.

• My friends complain sometimes

• i like being tall because my legs look really long and nice