Do your eyes ever play tricks on you?

I've noticed that sometimes I'll see what looks like a tiny bug crawling on something, just out of the corner of my eye. Of course, when I turn to look, nothing is there. This only happens once in a while, but it always makes me laugh, haha!

Anyone else experience anything like this as well?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah the left one is always like "eh eh eh pal look at that one. Check it out check it out! You'll never believe this. You've got to see this. Come on, Cooommmme ooonnnn! Just take a quick look, just one peak. You won't regret it..." and then the right one looks and is like "ah WTF man! You nasty mofo. Is this your idea of a sick joke. I won't sleep for weeks now." and then the left one is like "HAHAHAHA got you pal! It was a good one though right? eh?" =P

• Hahahahahaha!

• I don't know why, but when I read your answer, the voices I heard were Cheech and Chong, hahahaha!

What Guys Said 8

• From my understanding, I believe you're referring to the "floaties" that everybody has. It occurs due to deposits in the vitreous humor, the white part of your eye. It is universally common and can cause such occurrences as seeing something out of the corner of your eye to even blurring a small part of your vision. They move with your eye, hence they can be mistaken to be seen as something that actually moved within our line of sight.

• All the time. Often movement caught in your peripherals is just cause by the 'floaters' you get in your eye fluid. (Dead cells from when the eye was formed I think)

• sometimes, swear I saw a cat in the corner of my eye or something furry. when I look nothing there. maybe iam going crazy happened more than I care for. well at least when iam the old man with dementia in the care home ill have lots of cats to keep me company :3

• YES, just today. I thought I saw a pretty girl at the gym. When I turned to look she wasn't.

• They simply need to be disciplined. The next time one of your eyes misinforms you as you describe, simply plunge a thumb into about knuckle-deep, or even the sharp end of a pencil, and you'll notice improvement immediately.

• In Amsterdam, yes...

It's a glitch in the Matrix probably.

• Yes! Mostly when I'm tired.

The WORST is when you feel like one is crawling on you.

• For me it's a black hooded figure, of course when I look there is nothing there lol!

What Girls Said 11

• Yes occasionally when I am too tired. It was worse after an accident I had involving my eye, but after a few months it disappeared all except being rather tired and stressed. At that point I think it's along the lines of halucination that can come at that point.

• yeah, there's a blind spot in the corner of our eyes that out mind simply fills in with what it logically thinks should be there, sometimes it gets it wrong

• Yes sometimes like this one time I was outside relaxing in my backyard I thought there was a black cat in my yard turns out it was a skunk

• that happens to me too

• Yes when I am awake for too long..

• Not anymore but when I was a kid I regularly would think I saw somebody pass by the window outside. Never anyone there and I lived in the middle of nowhere. Maybe my peripheral vision has improved or dis-improved since.

• Yeah. I thought I was the only one

• Yeah sometimes also a shadow of some kind out the corner of my eye

• Nighttime I always think I see creepy things in the shadows but most of that is probably me just trying to freak myself out.

• yes, sometimes and I hate it

• not bugs but other things or I get up too fast and my eyes go blind.