What do guys want us girls to look like?!?

I am thin, (athletic, so muscular too, but not muscular enough to be gross) and this guy I like always makes a joke like you look extremely strong and stuff. Like I'm strong like a guy or something, is that a turnoff to be muscular? Like its not like my muscles show that much, they barely do, but I feel like the reason he hasn't asked me out is Because I am muscular. So my question is: do guys prefer a thin, athletic muscular girl? O jut a thin girl who does not workout?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think what he really means is that you act to masculine. I don't think he literally means you are too physically muscular. Either he doesn't even know how to describe what he's feeling, or he's just saying it as an excuse because he doesn't want to tell you to your face that you are like a guy (more or less) which he thinks will sound like an insult. Finally, it might just be his nice way of saying, your to overweight for him.

I'm assuming that you are the girl with the black eyed peas shirt in the photo. Obviously I can tell you are a girl, but I'll be honest and say that you aren't exactly portraying a look of femininity. It doesn't look like you are wearing any make up to show off your feminine features, and your clothes are tomboyish (assuming its jeans, t-shirt, and gym shoes). The girl to your right from the little I can see of her, seems more feminine that you. She seems to be wearing a dress and her hair style is longer, flowing, and is more uniquely feminine. Also judging from your picture, and compared to what I can see from the girl on your right. You don't exactly seem to be very thin (sorry just being honest so I can help you). If anything you see like you might be a tad bit overweight which many guys are pretty sensitive too. We don't accept extra lbs as willingly as women do. Again, being feminine is about softness and fragility. We like a fit girl who has some muscle tone, but we don't like a girl who has excess weight or who looks like she could be a professional weight lifter. Unless you are roiding it up, It be pretty hard to get too much muscle. Focus more on losing fat. That's what most guys look for.

What I'm trying to say is that guys like a girl who is feminine, not a tom boy. This doesn't mean you have to go overboard like your paris hilton or kim kardashian. Quite frankly, those girls are way to vain. But looking like ellen page in juno is not good either. Using that as an example, you need to go from this link to this link

It's also about demeanor. It's fine to be into sports, trucks and football. As a matter of fact, most guys would probably love that. But at the same time, you still need to act like a feminine, fragile, and soft girl, not a rough and tough boy.

Basically in a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is the total package isn't feminine enough, which means guys aren't going to be attracted to you. Just think about it this way, would you find a guy attractive who is twig skinny, wears tight female-esk clothing, is quite and shy, and is all around timid weak? Most likely not because he's void of all masculine qualities.

What Guys Said 15

• On the contrary, firm body is attractive on women. Most men like the average curvy firm body, because this is the ideal and most healthy and fertile. From biology perspective, a female mate should be healthy and strong enough to carry a baby, and men find that sexy and attractive.

• Personally:

5'5"-5'7"

Medium Blond to Dark Blond Long Hair

Blue Eyes

34C (or a large B)

Size 0-2

Toned stomach; no visible abdominal ridges

Slight thigh gap

Smooth legs

Skinny Arm

Prominent Collarbone

Smallish feet

Delicate Hands

Straight White Even Teeth

• I think the thin thing is just todays society. I don't believe there was this kind of pressure on women 100-150 years ago.

As for me, it doesn't matter either way.

• me in girl form

• I'm sorry but that guy is judging you by how you look. He's a shallow prick. If your personality is what he's attracted to, then he should easily be able to look past your looks.

• i don't know how muscular we talking? If she's a female bodybuilder that has pecs for t*ts I fold. Meh, why the f*** not.

• Guys want a big butt thin stomach and big boobs. The end. I like nice abs too, but ya...if a girl has a butt that sticks out and no boobs, I'm still all over that.

• Guys want girls to look feminine - just like girls want guys to look masculine.

• I'd personally prefer less muscle if anything, but I really don't care. If he hasn't asked you out it's because he doesn't like you, I doubt it has anything at all to do with how muscular you are.

• It dose not matter what on the out side it what on the in side that matter in the first place

• Athletic muscular girl who works out hands down. I'm biased though since I workout lol.

• Boobs. That's all that counts.

• I like curvy girls..

• We like girls who look like models and aren't quite skinny.

• Look at Gina Carano. She's good, haha.

And get contact lenses.

• I have contacts, that pic was from 2 years ago, I am also thinner now. Flatter stomach with some abs but not too noticeable because I like the flat stomach better without abs

What Girls Said 3

• what if I told you...that not all guys like the same girls?

and,i know this might seem like a naive suggestion-how 'bout you like the fact that your body is strong and capable and you don't determine if it's good based on what some guy says he likes.

• idk. I used to worry about it, but these days...just f*** it all lol

• he's an ass if he likes you he should like all of you. If that is you in the pic I wouldn't consider you thin, but average... just being honest.

• Well true, and just on a side note, that pic is of me from 2 years ago, just have not changed it. Lol a lot did now that I'm older and stuff. But I eat wht your saying bout the guy and I don't know if he is saying that to be mean or just as a joke but either way... It's stupid.