Guys: Do you really prefer women without makeup?

I saw this question: link and noticed that almost all guys said they preferred women without any makeup.

But, I have a theory that oftentimes when guys think a girl isn't wearing any makeup, she's still wearing a little.

Check out these pictures:

link

and then answer the poll : )

Thanks!

• I prefer women without makeup
  • I prefer women with makeup
  • I'm a girl
  • Other
Some great answers...thanks! : )

Most Helpful Guy

• It obviously depends on the girl. If she's beautiful, the less makeup the better. Few girls are beautiful. If she looks like a crack whore that smokes a pack a day and has never used sunscreen then put on as much as you can afford.

And guys are clueless about the amount of makeup a girl has on. I grew up with two sisters, so I can tell the difference between no/some/more/caked-on makeup. So many of my buddies have been like, "dude, she's hot and not even wearing any makeup," when she clearly was.

So, wear makeup, but keep it natural

What Guys Said 14

• I'd like the girl at first glance/stranger status to have some makeup. This will cue into how crafty she is/isn't with her self esteem and fixing her looks. Then after we know each other I just want no makeup, so that we can get real. Metaphorically, I think of this because it's like taking off her mask and just coming down to see who she genuinely is, looks like, behaves, etc. I cannot deny that makeup is good looking and does get my attention. But I expect that to be just the lead in to get to know her and then form my opinion/intimacy around her character/personality.

• Good point..thanks! : )

(p.s. It's like that with my girl friends, too...in the sense that seeing them without makeup on is a new level of the friendship because it's "real" I guess you could say)

• It's not that we prefer a women without make up. We prefer a women with minimal and tasteful make up.

Every girl's face and skin is different, but generally speaking, we don't want you to look like a circus clown. If its clear you have on make up, then its probably too much. It should be subtle. It's meant to enhance and replace your face.

I think the reason guys say they prefer a women without make up, is because they don't have the same grasp as women of what the difference is. To guys a girl with light make up, might make them think she has no make up. Vice verse, there might be certain features guys l like, that they just think is naturally part of being a female, without realizing its the make up that is creating that.

As for your link...First of all, the pictures they chose are purposely supposed to be unflattering. Also, some of those girls do have too much make up on, others don't.

1 - good

2 - decent

3 - decent

4- too much

5 - good

6 - too much

7 - good

8 - too much

9 - good

10 - good

You get the point.

• Any female with a well done makeup job is ALWAYS gonna look better with it than without it...I don't why it's such a crime to acknowledge this fact.

• Truth. I think because there are girls out there that act all offended when a guy says she looks better with makeup. It's true. Every woman looks better with makeup (as long as it's done right). It's just how it is.

• What almost all guys forgot to mention is that they preferred women WHO ARE ALREADY ATTRACTIVE without make-up. If you're not naturally born pretty I strongly suggest you learn how to properly apply make-up from a stylist/make-up artist.

• Unfortunately, this is true.

• Make-up makes women look much much better but women at least should try to keep their skin healthy so they won't RELY on it

• You'd be waking up every morning with a girl so you should be willing to accept her however she looks like when she's not wearing makeup. However, personally speaking, I prefer a girl with little or no makeup at all. But it also really depends on the girl too. Some girls have naturally good looks and complexion and those are the ones that can do with little enhancements. Other women benefit from using make-up. What I DO dislike are very strong perfumes that can leave me rather dizzy.

• I prefer girls with makeup. I don't even need to look at that link to know my answer lol.

• lol at least you're being honest.

• I prefer minimal makeup. Eyeliner, maybe some eyeshadow and a lipstick/gloss.

That link of pictures consists of really bad examples though, poorly taken no make up pics vs (generally) bad makeup pics.

• if you are really beautiful, there is no need of make up

but if you want to do, you can do light make up

• Your theory is correct, I think. A lot of guys just don't know much about make-up. I don't know much, but I know more than most guys just because I like reading about things.

I think eyeliner and blush look really sexy, and nail color if you count that as make-up. So, no, I've never claimed to prefer girls without make-up.

• LOL at the guy that voted "I'm a girl"

• I chose D because none of the other answers fit for me.

Some women look best with no makeup while others look good with light makeup. Many women wear too much makeup for my tastes.

• Very true...I wasn't thinking about that when I made the poll options

• It's best if a girl can look good without it.. Some girls look better with a little bit. I don't like a lot though

• Make up is fine, but I like when it's not noticeable. I'd rather have none at all than too much.

I already know about how make up helps women out a lot, which makes me lol when I see some of the girls on here act uppity about it.

• It really does. Whether it's just a little concealer and mascara, it's better than nothing. It's unfortunate that women have to wear it to be considered more attractive, but oh well it is what it is and I don't mind it lol

What Girls Said 12

• I think guys like when they THINK they're seeing a girl without makeup (the "natural look"). One time, my guy friend who liked me asked if I ever wore makeup, and I replied "Yeah, all the time. You've never seen me without it. I even wore some on our camping trip." To which he went in full denial. "What? You didn't wear any makeup then." Yeah, I've mastered the natural look.

• hahaha same here. When we first got together, my boyfriend was shocked to find out that I almost always have mascara and under-eye concealer on (I have naturally dark circles). He thought I just always looked like that. Needless to say, my eyelash curler really sent him for a loop lol

• lol! That link is so true.

• the ones with makeup had way too much on, and it looked really fake.

.

some of the ones without makeup had on a bit. just not in a flattering way.

michelle pfeifer looked better without any makeup.

natural looking makeup is when you don't notice it. none of those women couldve been mistaken for not wearing any make up.

they all looked really gaudy. imo.

• I only wear non animal treated lip moisturizer.

i think makeup sucks. if everyone was used to how everyone looked naturally, then natural would look beautiful.

if chimps can be attracted to each other as they are, looking the way _they_ do. I'm sure human beings could.

its a useless industry people should give up on. not to mention all the torturing animals go through.

• Mila Kunis looks like a troll without makeup

• Yes, they do. It just has to be natural looking.

And use make up at the right amount for special events and such.

Then, you have girls who go overboard with the black eyeliner and very few guys would prefer that.

Bold lipstick, hit or miss.

It just depends overall if the make up on the girl looks good or not.

• i'm not a guy but I'm gonna say a little make up. though my boyfriend can't tell the difference XD. I'll be super proud of my makeup some days and he doesn't notice lol

• hahaha I know the feeling! And I agree...I think most guys prefer at least a littleeee makeup. There are times when my boyfriend doesn't think I'm wearing any, but I am.

• I love how the link chooses the worst looking pic of them. No makeup doesn't mean to look like you just fell in a pool of cocaine and decided to sneeze

• A little make-up not caked on at least for me.

• they prefer minimal natural make up, I doubt they would be attracted to a girl with totally no make up

• I hope men don't heavily prefer women with make -up, or in that case shield your eyes in the morning, and don't go swimming with her.

• They may think they prefer no makeup, but usually they do prefer makeup.

• LMAO @ a guy voted that he was a girl!

• lol I know! And yeah I think you're right...which is why I like masondixie's answer.

• funny that the women in the pics are all celebs and are either too old or not that beautiful w/o makeup, these examples are invalid, there are plenty of girls who look beautiful naturally and plenty of old women who should stop thinking theyre 20

and fyi its also possible that wearing too much makeup coupled with sweat and radiation from the sun can degrade a girls face over a long period of time, the effects aren't obvious immediately but if you look at teens in records 10 to 20 years later they end up from beautiful to .. wtf, in no time, makeup is a cruel joke, theyre ultimately harmful chemicals no matter how much bullsh*t cosmetic companies say otherwise

• Of course they're all celebs...they have the most photos available. While it's unhealthy to wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis (as it clogs your pores), there are no studies that claim that makeup and makeup alone ages your skin significantly. The sun, smoking, a poor diet, genetics, etc. ages your skin. Teens "end up from beautiful to wtf" in 20 years because they're getting older, not because they all overused makeup.

• 15 to 25 look beautiful even as they mature, 25 to 35 at most get a few wringles, I've seen people who take care of themselves, their health and diet and don't bbq themselves in the sun unlike countless people do nowadays and they look better than most, and the most they wear is minimal, the same study focused on women who don't take care of themselves as well and use tons of makeup to hide their current health end up looking like someone evaporated battery acid in their bed room

• and there are women who are more beautiful outside the celeb industry than most women in the celeb industry, beautiful girls aren't limited to celebs, in fact it seems more like they get the terrible ones and make them beautiful themselves, almost as if they do it on purpose