Girls, are a guy's looks/money important for you for friendship too?

Its a well known fact that girls are very picky, and will never accept a guy if he isn't really good looking, doesn't have deep pockets, or both, even if he has a thousand other positive things about him. So I just wanted to know, are these things important for girls even when considering a guy for just friendship, and not dating or relationship? I mean...if a guy who isn't that good looking or rich wants to be your friend, do you agree, or do you yell at him to get lost, just the way you do to average looking/not-so-rich guys who ask you out?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, looks/money are not important for friendship. I'm a student, most of the guys I know are so broke, they end up eating dinner at my table. Now if a guy is chronically unemployed and does nothing to change that, I want nothing to do with him. I hire people to work for me on a regular basis and its not uncommon for me to hire guy friends of mine. If you can't find work, hanging out with me isn't an option as my entire lifestyle is based around an industry where there is always tons of work available.

As for looks, that's not really a factor. As long as he's clean and cares about his appearance, why should I care? I care about the person underneath. And for the record, I'd date anyone of my guy friends. I surround myself with good people, looks and money be damned. Good looks doesn't mean the guy will come pull me out of the ditch at 2AM. And people with money, I usually don't get along with them. Money means little to me beyond having enough to pay the bills. Looks/money don't even mean much when I'm dating a guy. Employment and personal hygiene does.

• You're one of the rare few gems of womankind. Almost any woman in today's world would never even consider dating a man who is neither rich nor good looking. In fact, I never even knew that girls like you existed. You brought a smile to my face, and I'm thankful to you for that. :)

• I hope the same for you. I don't run into trouble with people trying to exploit my kindness, mostly its my loyalty. Don't give up on women, we're not all like that. I haven't given up on men yet and trust me, nobody would blame me if I did. I like to take care of people and believe the best in those around me.

• That's nice of you to say so. The thing is, I'm extremely emotional and sensitive (which are rare traits for men), hence my painful experiences with women have left my emotions so deeply scarred that it would take nothing short of a miracle if my faith in women is to be restored. But of course, miracles do happen, and I'm hoping there is at least one such miracle waiting to happen in my life, which would restore my faith in women. Keeping my fingers crossed.

What Girls Said 8

• I have quite a few average looking guy friends. and I love to hang out with them. I hangout with them because they are funny, nice, have somewhat same interests as me and they are just generally nice easy going people to hangout with. I look for friends who have great personality. money and good looks are less important to me. that said people need to have a steady head on their shoulders when it comes to having somewhat a bit of money to support themselves. having goals is a great asset as an individual as well.

the only guys I don't really except as a friend are guys who are full of themselves, guys who act like jerks, or if a guy is being a creep.

personality traits I really enjoy in guys are; nice, caring, honesty, non backstabbing, drama free, energetic, different, and fun. that for sure is my main focus when it comes to finding friends who are guys or for girls as well.

(also I have to meet people in person to really be true friends with someone. internet is not an easy way for me to be friends with people. It just isn't the same and not really an option for me.)

• Friendship wise, No I'm not shallow. If you are my friend you are my friend. I don't care how you look, and wouldn't ditch you for people that are shallow. That's not what friendship is about.

Money wise... We'll still be friends, but might not do as much stuff. I mean we'll still hangout, but I like to do things that cost money like movies, eating, etc. So that would be the only reason why we might not hangout as much. But, never looks.

• You said 'friendship-wise I'm not shallow'. That means you're admitting that you're shallow when it comes to dating/relationships/marriage? Lolz! :P

• Not in general. I'm not going to lie looks do matter somewhat. But, it's but like I have super high standards. I'll date a guy that isn't super attractive, and even below average. It's more about his personality, interests, what we have in common.

It's about chemistry

• Unless he's so ugly (or stinky or handsy) that I can't be around him, it doesn't matter. But if he's a sexist a**hole who thinks girls are evil and shallow and doesn't acknowledge the shallowness in his own gender and constantly rants about how "terrible" women are to him for not giving him a chance, I won't want to be around him.

• Thanks for your answer. Anyway, the fact that you're unnecessarily using profane language in your answer, tells a lot regarding your personality.

• Well, I only used one foul word, it wasn't very severe, and I used it in context so I'm willing to bet you're pretty quick to judge people, which is a lot more than you can tell from my one comment.

• Alright, I did judge you quickly, I guess. I do feel that girls are evil and shallow, but I do acknowledge that guy are perhaps even more shallow than girls. Like at least some girls will give average guys a chance, but hardly any guy would give an average girl a chance. This world is filled with shallow and evil people, both men and women. Just because I don't belong to that category, I feel pissed at shallow people.

• I don't highly rate looks or wealth in a partner and I wouldn't give a crap in a friend. But if they still want nothing to do with you as a friend it's definitely your personality or character is at fault, not your looks or wallet. If it's just one girl or group of girls then you just don't fit with their personalities, that's nothing to get offended by.

• Nice answer, but it wasn't exactly MY scenario I described in the question, it was just random. In fact, I was involved in a few painful relationships earlier where the women completely dominated me and took advantage of my kind nature. Same case with female friends too. Experiences with females have left me totally devastated, battered, bruised, broken, and scarred for life. So I've completely given up on women now, and find solace in other stuff like music, video games etc.

• The whole uncle story is something you'd like to believe isn't real but regardless. The girls you are speaking about are a poor representation of the gender. I'd say it'd be hard to find a girl who could out-do them in terms of damage.

• Even I found it extremely hard to believe that uncle thing, but I found proof, and she herself admitted to that. In fact, until that time, I believed incest only existed in books and movies. As for my second ex, even the other guy didn't know she was dating me as well. When we found out, me and the other guy met, I asked her to come there, and we (me and the other guy) dumped her together for two timing us. Now, I'm sure you'll agree that I went through tremendous emotional turmoil

• No if we're just gonna be friends then those don't come into factor.

• yea it's important but not everything.

• Honestly speaking here...if a guy is good looking that is a huge advantage for him. If he has money, only gold diggers would flock to him. A girl who has money is not gonna be like fawning over him. If he is good looking and has money and that's ALL, lets be real, yes he is gonna get a lot of women based off those two facts. But I've gone for average looking guys with cool personality before..they weren't rich either.

• That's a refreshing change, considering most women these days feel that if a man is neither rich nor good looking, he's a scum who doesn't even exist for them. You answer is much appreciated! :)

• I don't even see how looks and money can be relative to a "friendship". I'm confused.

What Guys Said 0