Do you think you still look like 'you' when you've got makeup on?

Girls, guys, ladies, gentlemen & everyone else, how does your makeup make you feel about your looks when you've got it on? Is it just 'an improvement' or do you 'create' a whole look with it, etc?

(Open-ended question, feel free to share whatever your opinion on your makeup is)

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends on what look I'm going for.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel more confident when I have it on because I am the best version of me! Your face is your money maker and it is usually the first thing people notice. A good friend once told me that you should walk out of the house as if you might run into your worst enemy or ex. So I make sure I feel good at how I look when I walk out the door. Makeup is supposed to be an improvement not a mask to hide what you actually look like. Of course you can create more dramatic looks on occassions that doenst look like your everday wear.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 13

• Absolutely. My features such as my face structure, eyes, smile, nose etc. all look the same as it would under normal circumstances. I'd have to wear a awful, awful lot of make up and do a lot of contouring to look somewhat different. But even then... I don't think I'd look like a completely different person.

• yeah I look the same. I usually wear foundation/concealer, mascara, and a smokey eye, and fill in my brows a little. I never put on a TON of makeup, too much of a hassle ha ha and I mainly wear it because

1)it looks good/ edgy

and 2) I'm 21 but look 16, so without makeup I'd look even younger haha!

i'd like to try contouring, but I feel like that is more like lying about your looks whereas most makeup only enhances your looks

• I look like me but better. I suppose I could look like a completely different person depending on how much makeup it is but I only use a little bit to enhance a couple of features.

• Yes. I even took a before and after picture to see if I looked the same. My features look more enhanced especially if I'm using natural colors. When I wear makeup, I don't want to change the way my features look especially my eyes.

• I never try to look different. I wear mascara and little bit of eyeliner. I do put on eye shadow to bring my outfit together if I'm going out somewhere nice or if I want that extra color.

The only time I try to dramatically change my look is Halloween!(fav time of year)

• With my daily makeup, yes. When I go out and do a full face of makeup, I feel far more glamorous than boring ol' I.

• I look pretty much the same, which isn't a great confidence booster!

• Nope I look completely different

• I definitely think I do. I wear pretty light makeup that just makes my features more noticeable.

• Yeah. I never look dramatically different without makeup. Sometimes I will like to create a different "look" as in I'll go for a dramatic vampy look if I'm in the mood for it

• i look like a more alert, sharper version of me

• I barely wear any makeup anyway... so yes, I still look exactly like me, haha!

I use dark eyeshadow as eyeliner and wear powder but no foundation, mascara. That's it. It just makes my eye stand out more, otherwise I look exactly the same.

I voted A.

• I am a little bit of a tomboy so I would say it is just an improvement. Still look like myself.