List some common fashion mistakes men make when choosing their outfit for the day?

I'm really interested in the female's perspective on this.

Make sure they are somewhat common mistakes. Post links if possible! Thanks.

Updates:
Great answers. Love 'em.

0|0
8|7

Most Helpful Girl

• Fit - don't wear anything too tight or too baggy. It's not flattering on anyone.

Matching - no, you don't have to match everything. Just avoid things that clash. Consider patterns and colors. Especially in relation to shirt and shoes.

Shorts - I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of shorts on guys, but if you are wearing them, they look better when they're just above the knee (not hanging halfway down your calf or too short).

Simplicity - I know it might be boring, but less is more. A white t, jeans and some vans can look ridiculously sexy on a guy.

Hair (not sure if this is apart of outfits?)- pleaaase don't overstyle. I don't want to be able to see, smell or feel hair products.

0|1
    0|1

What Girls Said 7

• Probably color mismatches or pattern mismatches. I've seen a guy wear a shirt ones with horizontal stripes and then his pants was a different pattern which totally clashed with his shirt. It looked rather comical.

0|2
    0|0
  • Anything from the men's section of Hollister and Aeropostale is a mistake.

2|4
    0|0
    • omg true that lol

this made me laugh so hard...b/c its so true people think tht if you put hollister or any other brand name it immediately becomes the most stylish thing ever...

• Whats wrong with them? I can understand if it's when it's to tight or has a big name or logo lathered across it. But I buy some shirts from there only if it doesn't have any logo because they actually fit great unlike many brands which are so boxy and the sleeves are as wide as pant legs.

• I agree with everyone else, ill fitting clothes. I would also include wrong color shoes and/or socks with outfit. For example, don't wear white socks with black pants...or black shoes with brown pants etc.. I would also say clothes that are worn and full of holes. They're fine for around the house or in the yard, but no place for a date.

0|2
    0|0
  • jeans that are too tight or have this weird fade/dye thingy to it. or short sleeve shirts that are really short on the upper arm and really tight...i like guys to wear looser clothing. except when wearing suits, that needs to be fitted :D

0|2
    0|0
  • sweat pants><

0|1
    0|0
  • Low cut tight t-shirts!

Then, when guys wear garish colors..

1|1
    0|0
  • Clothes that are too baggy, wearing dirty/stained clothes.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• The one mistake we will all agree on is socks and sandals. Those are just horrific.

What I would think are 'common' mistakes are:

1 - clothing that is just slightly too tight or too small

2 - combining black and grey items, apparently that's a big fashion faux pas that I was unaware of till a week ago

3 - having clashing shoes and top combo. Ie: red shoes, blue top

4 - not dressing for their body, women are guilty of this too. Skinny guys wearing muscle tops, fat girls wearing jeggings

5 - not considering sweat when choosing colors. For example, wearing a grey top during a heatwave.

1|2
    0|0
    • Agree on all of these! LMAO especially the socks and sandals.

• What wrong with black and grey? It's recommended to wear black shoes with grey suits. It's black and brown. I can't find anything saying no black and grey.

• Thats exactly what I thought. Id imagine it applies to casual wear rather than formal wear.

• If at any time, your pants look like this... link you...are...WRONG!

Or this... link

Or this... link

Socks should never be worn with sandals, crocs, anything like that. Ever.

Black pants = black socks. No exceptions.

This is just me, but I'm not a fan of the short-sleeve + tie look. By all means, roll up your sleeves, like Chris Meloni did on Law & Order: SVU, but don't do short sleeves.

I don't really understand the appeal of ties like this... link

Sleeveless shirts and tank tops should only be worn at the gym.

This... link

Low-crotch pants, a la Justin Bieber.

0|1
    0|0
  • any douche brands like affliction and/or ed hardy. If you're not a mma fighter...seriously why would you want to look like a tool wearing ridiculously flashy/tacky crap...

2|2
    0|0
  • -Wife-beaters, Dickies shorts, tube socks covering the remaining leg skin, Converse and a large flat-billed cap

-Same outfit as above, but replace wife-beaters with Affliction/Ed Hardy

-Skinny dipping in a vat of Axe before getting dressed

-Faux hawk or heavily gelled hair

-If they're wearing an all-black outfit, the blacks have a different shade that makes them awkward

-T-shirts they can't "rock"...a Hank Hill personality can't really pull off wearing a black metal shirt (I've seen this too many times actually...nerds who think they're vikings -_-)

-Tanktops/sleeveless shirts with unshaven backs

0|2
    0|1
  • Scarfs.

1|2
    0|0
  • Cargo shorts. So unclassy...

0|1
    0|0
  • first mistake is not be born good looking . girls hate that

0|1
    1|2