Workouts for not looking skinny

Hi guys! I'm a very skinny boy. I have started to workout to build up some muscles. I am only doing bodyweight exercises. My question is what muscles should I work out not to look skinny. I mean won't get very heavy swifltly, but I think there is way to stop looking skinny by working out special muscles. I really need to know because I look anorexed at the moment. Please help.

i am thinking of back , wings , shoulder and chest. I have big biceps and triceps but my shoulder wouldn't grow.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no such thing as special muscles lol Avoid isolation dumbell exercises and machines...the goal is to hit as much muscle groups with compound exercises. bench press, squats, deadlifts, hammer curls, pull-ups/chin-ups, some ab-exercises...those will target most muscle groups. Lift as heavy as you can but with good form. If it gets sloppy...just stop or else you may injure yourself.

I use to be skinny and I'm assuming you have insanely high metabolism like me so the biggest thing is diet...you have to eat ALOT. Whatever you're eating now...double or even triple the amount of calories, carbs, and proteins. Your body will need all the food it can get to re-energize after the gym and repair the muscles you worked out in the gym. The other important thing people overlook is quality SLEEP. That's when your body can focus on rebuilding muscles.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't you need to do a number of exercises, so that you don't have individual muscles that look more developed than others? It's about proportion as well. That is what I find works best anyway. :) I don't know much about exercise, but just keep doing your work outs and exercises and I am sure you will be super trim in no time! =D

• protein and lifting weights

• lift weights.

What Guys Said 7

• I highly recommend getting the book called 'Scrawny to Brawny'. It teaches how to properly gain muscle and size for your body type which I'm guessing is an ectomorph (long limbs, low body fat, etc). This book will teach you the different types of techniques to use for each workout, because due to your body type you need to do different exercises and techniques, it will also teach you what to eat and all the science behind gaining muscle. Get it, read it, and apply it to your workout/life style. Due to your body type it is extremely hard to gain significant amount of muscle without the proper steps.

I know exactly how you feel man, I'm currently 18 going into university at 125 pounds and 4% body fat. Being skinny isn't bad at all cause when your 45 you won't have a beer belly.

Good luck!

• Hi,

You didn't mention from how long you have been doing workouts,

If you don't want to look skinny. First focus more on arms( Biceps,Triceps,Forearms) and do pushups

within one month you can see noticeable improvements of chest and arms for sure :)

Other Important thing is that .. have more carbs , Protein food . Also you can buy any Mass Gainer protein supplements for faster results (adding Creatine supplement along with protein supp for faster size gain)

I hope you never give up!

Good luck!

• I had this problem too, I majorly did chest and triceps. When I did chest it made me look a lot bigger after I gained 5 pounds in chest and at 15 pounds its much better. I also run and do abs though which I wouldn't advise if you don't want to look slim. So quick answer: Mainly chest.

• You need to eat a lot more calories. Eat more brown rice and potatoes and always get in a lot of protein with every meal.

Try doing bench presses, dead lifts, and squats. You'll get big if you do those 3 consistently.

• Apperently yu won't get noticeably bigger doing boyweight exercise, and if you do it's going to take way longer.

• Weight is not about exercise it is about diet. Eat big to get big.

• If you start with shoulders you wpnt look skinny do push up every one hour as much as you can