Are you one to actually read a question's details when answering or looking at a question?

You click on a question and right in front of you is a lengthy essay of details and story telling. Do you ever read fully the entire details portion? I know I am extremely lazy, and I as soon as I see this novel I go back to the main page. I do sometimes skim over certain passages, but do you ever really read all of the details. I get so exhausted after reading so many.

• Read thoroughly
  • Begin then think,'F*** it' and move on
  • Skim and give the best of your ability to as accurately give a sufficient answer
  • Avoid these questions from the start

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually read the entire question, but Goddamn - sometimes, you'd think a person is incapable of breaking questions up into paragraphs! Seriously, I've come across 20-30 sentence questions without so much as a break in between...

What Guys Said 4

• If I have any intention of answering it I'll read the whole thing. I usually skim read, but then I just read the answers. If the answers are intereting I'll go back and have a read. I don't like answering without reading the description because that answer would be unhelpful 9/10 times

• If the description is really, really long, I just skip the question unless it's about something that really interests me. If it does interest me, then I read the parts that seem most important and skim through the other parts.

• It really depends on what the question is. If it's straightforward, I just skim the details. But if it's about something important, like someone asking for relationship advice, I always read the details thoroughly.

• It depends. If I think I'll have something worthwhile to contribute to the topic, then I'll read the whole thing.

What Girls Said 3

• I always read it thoroughly (^_^)

• Either A or B but usually A I skim though and answer to the best of my ability.

• Anytime I click on an interesting title, I notice the length of the content first, of course. If I'm not in the mood to read it all, I'll simply move on to another question. Sometimes, I go back to it, sometimes I don't. I don't answer a question until I've read everything.

I go through phases, sometimes I'm in the mood to read the lengthy ones, sometimes I'm annoyed by them.