Ok, so if my family members say that I'm good looking?

Should I take their word for it? Sometimes I feel like they're saying it to please my mom and I. But I thought that if I was really "good looking" or handsome, then I'd have a girlfriend by now (I'm 20 years old).

Here's a pic of myself: tinypic.com/view.php?pic=bim535&s=5

Honestly, Do I look alright? Anything I can improve on?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, you look alright. I can relate to what you're saying though. My family, acquaintances, and friends are always telling me that I'm pretty- - - but like yourself I do not have a significant other. I never have and I'm 24! I've never believed these compliments, I always think they're just trying to be nice or have no other way of making conversation. And you must also remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so what is attractive to one person may not be attractive to the next. I don't know whether to believe them either. As far as the lack of relationship is concerned, I've been told my shyness makes me come across as stuck up and evil. I also get the impression that I would have to be more forward to get a guy's attention. I'm not gonna worry about finding that though.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• I genuinely believe girls will find you good looking...how often do you approach girls?

• You are not good looking. Obviously your family won't want to accept that as they share similar features to you. I'm not saying you are ugly or hideous but you aren't good looking.

• You look good bro

• You don't have any problems with your looks. I would imagine women notice you in public.

Being good looking doesn't guarantee that some girl is going to fall into your lap with a bow and a little tag that says "So-and-so's girlfriend". Also, random strangers aren't really going to tell you you're good looking out of the blue. A lot of girls are hesistant/intimidated to say a guy is good looking unless he is showing a strong interest in them first. You have to make an effort...I don't know your life story so I won't jump to any conclusions, but if you haven't had a girlfriend yet it's not because of your looks.

You can improve on everything other than the looks department (personality, social skills, confidence). Be glad you've got good looks, because that's the one thing that's difficult if not impossible to improve.