Have you ever switched pick-up lines in the middle ?

today when I was walking to the train station around noon this sporty looking 20something boy popped up from behind me with a big smile "keiko-chan?" I looked at him puzzled, "my name isn't keiko" I said. it didn't faze him at all. he took it in a whole new direction, "me and my friends over there were about to go to lunch, do you wanna come with us?" he pointed to 2 other boys trailing a few meters behind us. I was still confused and in a hurry so I answered honestly, "sorry, I'm on my way to work now". the smile vanished and he said "oh" so glumly I felt bad but I kept walking and looked back once and they were all just standing there watching me. why did he change course in the middle? why not just give up? and why would 3 boys want to take a stranger to lunch? have you ever done this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably thought you were cute, Nah I've never done that... I don't use pick up lines or approach random girls. I feel that it's a useless technique when I'd assume that the girl will know I'm going purely based on her looks, and I'd therefore assume she'd also then label me as a shallow a**hole trying to get in her pants... I prefer to meet people through friends, work or hobbies... That way I don't feel like I'm being creepy. Anywho I don't think pickup lines actually work, and if they do, I'd probably not want to date someone who likes them... Because I find them to be very cringeworthy.

What Guys Said 3

• It's common in Asia for groups of guys, OR girls, to approach a foreigner and ask them to lunch..Maybe they just wanted to practice their English? They certainly didn't mean anything disrespectful, and they were probably surprised and hurt when you refused!

• this conversation was in japanese, hence they asked me if I'm keiko not kathy. they thought I was japanese. they never found out I'm half. why should I tell them? I have never been assumed to be a foreigner in japan not even the police who question me why I'm out past curfew (mistaking me for a minor) and are quite surprised and embarrassed when I show them my American passport.

• Maybe they knew you were American..you are teaching English there, or?

• no, they didn't. random strangers on the street. happens everyday. I know how they act when they are trying to hit on a foreign girl because it happens when I am with my European friends. it's a totally different approach.

• Because you're hot. That's the answer.

• yeah, this is why he didn't give up until you flat out told him 'no thanks'

• Hey Coco-chan ; ]

:D

What Girls Said 1

• It doesn't sound good.Three guys and one girl? hmm...the plot isn't right