Why do I think I'm ugly but people think I'm pretty?

when I look in the mirror I look and feel so ugly. I went to the Gym with a gathering of people from church and the girl that I was talking to called me gorgeous. random people that I barely know have called me pretty but they must be blind. Recently, three guys from church like me but I don't why. I just have no confidence. Here's my Facebook. It has pictures of me on it. How can I build up myself confidence? just type in jael jean. I have a pink shirt on. not many people have my name.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think most people are more critical of themselves than others are of them. I know I think I'm avarage or below average when I look in the mirror, yet I was rated 8.4/10 on Hot or Not with over 300 votes. Though no girl as ever told me in person that I'm attractive, nor have I ever caught a girl checking me out, others have told me they catch girls checking me out quite often. I've found that I find myself most attractive when I smile my best smile. On the days when I walk in the bathroom and feel unattractive when I see myself in the mirror, I put on my best smile, that makes me feel better about myself and helps me get through the day.

By the way, you are definitely not ugly. I looked at your pictures on Facebook and you're quite attractive. I'd ask you out.

What Guys Said 4

• Most people don't give themselves enough credit in the looks department.

I remember asking a question similar to this a couple years ago, quite a few women seemed to be checking me out while I was at work, but I don't feel I'm a particularly attractive person either.

• try positive self talk, go in the mirror and tell yourself you are smart, beautiful, worth while and any man would be lucky to have you. sounds silly but its worth a try. maybe try get counseling if its really serious. I don't see anything wrong with you

• There are many kinds of beauty, not just one. You are so cute and beautiful.

• Everyone does that. Here's a tip: don't look in the mirror so much if it bothers you (because it does) trust me sometimes if you stop checking yourself out for a while and don't look in the mirror, the next time you do you will feel better about yourself.

What Girls Said 6

• You seem pretty young, most girls go through a period where they don't realize their own beauty when they are younger and then revisit this feeling from time to time through out their life... If you look for flaws in yourself you will find then because not only is nobody perfect, but perfection is in the eye of the beholder so if you want to see imperfections your going to see them because you'll create then in your mind. The good news is you'll get through this phase, everyone does :) until then just try and take it to heart that these people aren't lying to you! Its just rough to be a girl sometimes... Best of luck xx

• you can build up your confidence by believing that you are pretty! because I think you are and I'm absolutely sure as well as in the inside too. But honestly the only key to boost your confidence is to put positive thoughts in your head. Also don't forget to be thankful about yourself because there are people out there that is ten times worse than what you think you are. You even said it yourself that there are three guys from your church that likes you, have fun and don't froget to smile(:

oh and true beauty comes from the inside not from the outside just be

yourself!<3

• You're pretty. Even more if you put make up to enhance your features a bit more

• you are cute, it's your lack of confidence. I also think you have great blond hair, guys love that :)

• Some girls feel this way due to low self esteem,paranoia.You probably just don't like the way you look and comparing yourself with other pretty girls.This is what most girls like to do,comparing.In my case I feel ugly because I am still suffering from the ugly duckling syndrome.I was called ugly in high school many times.Even my mum thought I was ugly.None of the guys approach me that time.So now even though I ended up as someone attractive I never feel that way.You should figure out first what is the main reason for you to feel like this.Then you can fix your self esteem and confidence.

• You are really pretty and cute, looks like you have a nice body

Not fat and not skinny, maybe you like black haired girls

With big boobs, maybe that's your idea of pretty ? Idk