Tampon Applicator – random question?

I know this is a random question, but if you showed an average guy (no specific age) just an empty tampon applicator (no tampon in it)…Would your average guy know what it is?

Or do most guys have no clue what a tampon applicator looks like/is?

Girls what do you think? Guys, would you know what just a tampon applicator looks like?

Most Helpful Girl

• Majority of them would know right away what it was. And since it was just an applicator with no tampon in it, they'd assume it was used and be like WTF ARE YOU DOING? GET THAT S.HIT AWAY FROM ME, hahaha. But maybe not. Or maybe that's just some of the guys I know, lol.

• lol So you think most guys would immediately know it was an applicator? Or would they just know it was something tampon related? lol

• Nope, they're all different, lol. I'm picky about bras. They have to fit just right and look just right, so even one particular brand won't deliver 100% of the time. It's trial and error.

• Hmmm...so wouldn't one line from one particular brand always be made the same and be one you prefer? lol Like why not find a particular brand/style you really like and just buy those? Are you also picky about panties? lol Or you have a particular brand of panties you prefer?

What Guys Said 6

• We know

• You know exactly what a tampon applicator is and what it's used for? Like you could immediately identify is as that? Have you ever seen one?

• Of course. You act as if we never had GFs.

• I know it.

• I've been dating my wife since 1968 and we're married since 1971. She didn't ever used pads but for a short time after giving birth to our son.

• Yes, we know what they look like.

• So out of curiosity, you saw it like in the garbage? Or like someone showed it to you?

• Which part of my answer don't you understand?

• I know exactly what a tampon applicator looks like and could tell you brand and size usually

• Alright. Just curious, like when have you seen a tampon out of the wrapper? I assume it was like your wifes?

• I have seen a tampon out of wrapper in the dressing rooms at the topless bars

• sure I know... why we coudnt know

• Im 29 and I was 25 when I saw... and yes she was just my friend but "very close" we met 20 years ago when we were child.. she is closer than my mum..

• you can add me if you have more questions..

• Well, some of us enjoy wearing tampons so we know very well :)

What Girls Said 6

• I feel like they would somewhat know what it is.

• Thanks for replying. So you think most guys would be able to say it has something to do with tampons...but may not know exactly what or that it's an applicator?

• a definite no. Lol I wouldn't let him do that and he probably wouldn't want to

• lol Do you have a favorite brand of tampons or you just buy whatevers cheaper?

• They most likely would know what it is.

• Thanks for replying. So you feel most guys would be able to say it's a tampon applicator? Or would they just know it has something to do with tampons?

• I told them it is female products lmao and they ran out of my room.

• It was a bf usually.

• Yes I am pretty sure most guys would know

• Thanks. Out of curiosity, have you ever explained anything tampon/period related to a guy? lol

• Ya my husband, only if he has questions. I tell him the truth. Usually it's how does that feel or this feel, like cramps.

• Yea my husband would lol

• I'm not sure if all guys would know what it looks like exactly... maybe they claim they do but they actually don't get to see applicators that often, we usually throw them away, and they don't look anything like tampons, so my guess is that most guys wouldn't know...

• Thanks. That's what I was thinking...like how would most guys that have never seen one before know what it is. Like most of the time we don't go around showing them off. lol Yet so many of the guys here are saying they would. Just curious, about how old are you?

• I don't mind discussing it...but it seems that people tend to shy away from this kind of topic. Which was kind of my point with the question...would a guy actually knows what this is...since we don't typically go around talking about it or showing it off. I mean how come you never mentioned tampons to your boyfriend? lol Just cause it's not a normal everyday topic I assume?

• Oh, I see. Yeah, you're right - it's not an everyday topic. Also, I don't think it's very interesting and there is not much to be said about tampons or applicators tbh lol.

• They would know what it is. Does not mean they would know how we would use it or anything like that.

• I don't know why, it's just something interesting that popped in my head. Like it's something we never talk about, yet guys try to be experts on and I was just wondering if something that most guys will never see...could they identify it. lol I know it's a bit weird. But thanks for taking the time to reply!

• No its not everyone thinks about different things.