many places in public, I see a lot of men of all ages randomly walk to where they are going and they spit. It's so disgusting, and just ruins my mood, making me wanna throw up, and imagine how many people step on that spit and then go home with germs under their shoes bringing that into their house...and carpet, and what if kids play or roll around on the carpet...ughhh I guess I'm just germophobic, but anyways I really don't understand why men have the urge to spit, and almost make it like an intentional scene in front of the public,...?

Most Helpful Guy

• It used to be something I did a lot in high school and in baseball. But these days, I rarely do such a thing. I guess it's just one of those "guy things" that's probably more apparent in younger fellows. But I don't really see my grown dad, nor have I, spitting at his age.

What Guys Said 1

• Listen dude, when you walk around town all day you will have a ton of germs on the bottom of your shoes whether you stepped in spit or not. Secondly, unless it is expectorate (phlegm spit) then it isn't really that full of germs anyways. Thirdly, maybe you should do like everyone else and clean your carpets with a steam cleaner. Fourthly, why am I still answering this question?

What Girls Said 1

• i feel the same way...it's gross.