Do you ever look at the stars?

I hear it isn't that common but I do it quite a bit and it always is depressing to me. makes me think of my own mortality and insignificance anybody feel same as me or otherwise lol any answers welcomed

Most Helpful Guy

• Quite frequently. I live near a mountain range with plenty of lookoff's that allow you to see the full sky with very little light pollution. On a night with low humidity and few clouds, you can see the Milky Way. I don't find it depressing though, I find it uplifting, as a Christian, to know that God could create all of the trillions of stars and zillions of planets out there, it makes me realize just how insignificant the problems of Man are, that all of those problems could be fixed with just a thought from God if people actually had faith in him.

What Girls Said 5

• thats cute lol:P

i adore the night sky, I always have=] apparently I was born on a full moon so I always seem to spot those too when others don't notice

but yeah looking at the night sky is awesome, I even look up at clouds during the day to relax hehe=]

• Yep, I watch the night skies often. One, because the stars are so beautiful and I don't have to go far to see them away from the city lights. And two, because my area is known for ufo sightings and weird anomalies in the sky, haha. I've seen some interesting s.hit. BUT I've been watching lately because there's a meteor shower. =D

• Love to look at the stars. When I go out to the desert and camp, I sleep outside so I can see the stars and wake up in the middle of the night to them.

I get that sane feeling... it is a very humbling experience and its never the same feeling, I always think about any different types issues etc. Beautiful

• it's hard to see them in the city, but when I visit my family's home, I like sitting outside or going to the beach to look at the stars and the moon. it doesn't make me feel sad, it makes me feel calm. like even though everything might be going to hell on earth, up there, it's everything's perfect and beautiful.

• Yes sometimes when I sit out in my backyard late at night and I think it is relaxing.

What Guys Said 7

• Rarely, but I do look when I hear that there will be a meteor shower. I grab my dslr camera, a tripod, and try to take beautiful pictures of the stars, the moon, snd anything else up there that looks interesting.

• I'm always looking at the stars... It's a shame that we'll never be able to visit all of the far off worlds in the universe.

• Yes. When I'm feeling lost and hopeless I sit outside at night and look at the stars...

Something positive always happens the next day.

• Yeah I do all the time.

"I look up at the night sky, and I know that, yes, we are part of this Universe, we are in this Universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the Universe is in us. When I reflect on that fact, I look up—many people feel small, because they’re small and the Universe is big, but I feel big, because my atoms came from those stars." - Niel deGrasse Tyson

• Yes, its inspiring to look at sky full of stars. I go out at night and I look up. Its even more inspiring when its full moon, sky all lit milky white, with stars twinkling.

• Nope, it inspires my imagination and drives my curiosity. It's quite the opposite feeling.

• Yes, but to wonder if aliens exist.

Or to have my own starship and be the first person ever to visit Vega and Alpha Centauri heh heh..