For those who play tennis: What are your favorite brands and style of racquets, string types, etc.?

Anyway it's pretty much all in the question. I'm getting back into tennis after many years of not playing and I'm just interested in everyone's play styles, grip types, string and racquet preferences.

I was always a strong baseline player and I've always sworn by my Babalot pure drive. Anyway it would be cool to know everyone's preferences.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• Babalot is really nice. My shoes are by them. I am currently using a Prince Diablo XP and I really like it. Although, I just got it restrung with Wilson strings. I like a racquet that is fairly light-weight but not so much that I don't feel like I'm holding anything, just enough to feel the weight when it droops. I'm a lefty and a looper on my forehand.

• I use a Wilson

• I used a Prince racquet all through high school, but I like Wilson too.

What Guys Said 3

• I became obsessed with tennis one summer in my early teens, and spent almost every waking hour playing. My favorite racket was the one I bought at a rummage sale for about $5.00. I also bought a pair of never-worn CCM hockey skates at a rummage sale for $10.00, and became obsessed with that sport for several winters.

• I have an '07 or '08 Prince O3 Tour racquet and loved it back when I was playing more. Haven't used it the last couple times I've played because it really needs to be re-strung... it had a really great feel to it.

But I rarely play anymore. Wouldn't mind getting back into it tho...

• Yeah I haven't played in several years but I've always loved tennis and a few friends of mine wanted to get active so I suggested it to them. I was surprised that my grip on my racquet pretty much fell apart in my hands when I picked it up after all these years. I have to get a new grip and potentially new strings so I've decided to just buy a new racquet and let my friends use my old one.

• My serve is the biggest issue after all these years. I actually used to belong to clubs and things and would practice all the time so I had a pretty good serve. It's nothing like how it used to be now and it's so depressing. I'm sure it will come back to me though in time.

• That's cool. I was never very good at serves. I'd pull off a good one once in a while, but I just focus on putting it in play. I'm sure it'll come back to you though. It was shocking to me how quickly my baseline play came back just after a few minutes back on the court. Probably just gotta go play a few times...

• I used to play power baseline and have an wilson K three strung at 64psi (65 snaps 4 times as much) but now I switched to a Head YOUTEK at 57 PSI since I'm working on a lot more control, and it's amazing for my serves. I also use a handle way too small for my hand on the new racquet (again for serves) and I had a really big one on my old one. I think I'm gonna change my style again though cause I wanna go one hand backhand. Will probably pick up federers racquet since I hear its the sh*t.

• Oh yeah I heard that Wilson that Federer uses is great for control. I also heard it has a lot less power than most people are generally accustomed to so it may take some adjusting especially for a power baseline. I'm actually 6'5" with big hands so I've experimented with smaller handles but I always return to like average sized ones. I feel most comfortable with larger handles but I've found it negatively effects my game.

• Also I wish I knew exactly how the pros customize their racquets because I highly doubt it's exactly like the type they sell. I know Federer puts lead tape on the head of his racquet for instance for added weight. I recently saved up for the newest Babolat Aeropro Drive which I heard is pretty great for baseline play and I've had relatives who swear by it. I picked up the RPM Blast strings because I heard they're great for adding spin and added control.. I guess I'll see once it's delivered haha

• I'm a huge fan of Nadal and he uses that racquet too haha