We recently broke up. Looking for a little assistance!

So I was in a relationship for the past year, and we recently broke up. Things have been kinda meh on my end seeing as we spent all our time together so I really didn't go out much or anything. I was hoping you guys and girls could help. Its just been a bit weird and I don't know where to start again ya know?

Most Helpful Girl

• You sound exactly like my ex. We broke up last week and I swear to god you could be him. The way you talk and everything sounds just like him XD I don't really know what advice to give you since I have the other end of the stick where I was completely crazy about him. Just try and get back to doing what you do I guess. Go see friends and catch up on things you missed.

• Haha, it's just that we spent literally every second together so for the last year all I knew was her. Everyone else was crossed off, and it's weird trying to find myself again. I know it may seem really soon, since the two of us have recently split up, but I know no matter what her and I won't be getting back together anytime soon.. so I just want to get back on my feet.

• I'm pretty sure I am not him haha. My ex said the same thing though. She doesn't think I'm the right guy for her, and that even if we met again in the future that she wouldn't date me again. I also feel the same, she asked me to be friends still, but she's been distancing herself a lot. What hurts the most is that I lost my best friend. She texted me yesterday saying that it was hard to find a guy like me, and that she wasn't treated like a princess anymore.

• Things are a bit different with us. We have the same friends and we're still spending a lot of time together. I miss him like crazy and would actually do anything to get him back. I really didn't want to lose my best friend so I'm just pretending I can cope but it's making it really hard. We still have a laugh and we're close. Things actually seem better than they were but only because I really really want him back and I'm being super nice to him.

What Girls Said 2

• My ex boyfriend and I recently broke up and its very hard. Spend time with yourself - reassess your hobbies and interests and focus on them - do the things you didn't do while you were in that relationship such as chatting, go out on dates and etc. Just do anything you like without having to pressure yourself and accept the situation so you can easily move on...I am in the same boat as you are and I definitely can say its not easy but we can do it!

• Nothing useful to add, but I feel for you bro. Same boat :(

Maybe find and interest and work out a way to be social around it.

What Guys Said 1

• re-connect with friends and family members. learn to appreciate life as a solo act. people can get really wrapped up into a relationship that it can be difficult to see yourself or remember how life was without it. but lean on your friends and you'll suddenly realize that there is a whole awesome world that you can live. love your freedom, your independence to do what you want when you want... and next time you get into a relationship try to remember to maintain some semblence of self so that you don't stop seeing what the independent you is really like