Ok just looking for opinions on this...

I was looking on someone's Instagram and I noticed she has pictures of her breasts on there for breastfeeding awareness.

In my opinion I think breastfeeding is great I was breastfed as a baby, but having your breast on social networking sites is inappropriate no one wants to see that there's a time and place for breasts and social network sites isn't it. It's one thing feeding your baby in public and having them out there that's fine but just having your breasts out there like that on a website isn't in my opinion.

Sry if my opinion offends any mothers out there.

I should've been a little more clearer it's pictures of the baby feeding but you can still see her breasts and even her nipples in some.

Most Helpful Guy

• What the heck, what a hysteria here!

It's ONLY breasts. There's nothing gross about breasts. There absolutely NOTHING against breastfeeding in public: link was painted for a CHURCH! These too: link link link

Can you name ONE person who was hurt by a breast?

What Guys Said 16

• Hey I'm a fan of t*ts and just about anything with women but I have to agreed, breastfeeding awareness what are these people f***ing stupid ? Keep that sh*t to yourself... there isn't any abortion awareness is there? no... keep that sh*t in your home...

• Little surprised at the reactions of the ladies here.

I remember when my daughter was born the angst a lot of the women in out ante-natal group went through to get up the courage to breast feed in public.

It's a shame that young mothers should feel awkward and embarrased doing what is right for their babies.

Like anything else - when faced with a difficult situation, some become withdrawn and ashamed and some take up arms and go as public as possible about it. Perhaps it makes some of us uncomfortable - but its natural and important.

• I think it's okay. I strongly dislike Facebook for censuring and banning breast feeding pictures as if it's some kind of nazi propaganda (which they don't remove as often or as quickly, by the way).

Users can always unfollow someone or not visit their profile.

• no offense...but how about you just don't look. people post other pics on instagram and other social networking sites that are far more offensive and/or at least serve no greater purpose than a low level of entertainment.

• I see no reason why we have to be clothed at all. It's just a social normal which turned into a law. If someone wants to display on the internet - as long as they're above age - there's no laws preventing it. They can do what they want.

• I think I'll agree with you I not against freedom of women but, It give chance to people to pass vulgar comments. Once again I believe that women do have rights to wear shorts and should not being accused for assault they face because I feel I should control my lust but, exposing this kind of stuff may pass wrong message

• I agree 100%

Please share the link to the photos so we can offer more comments to finer point

• Fully agreed

But sometime women do post their photos like this, ya it spread awareness but also some nudity too.

Facebook is strict for this, that I know

I think if they want to spread awareness, they can use animation or they can use comics material...

• I'd like to see a link to judge. For science.

• Do you have her Instragram handle that you could tell me? I love to support the breasts, it's a great cause...

• I spologise as this doesn't answer your question, but opposing breast feeding seems a bit silly.

why else do women have breasts lol...

• Brief nudity doesn't have to be nothing sleezy, it can be a work of art.

• I Simply don't care honestly truthfully

• One shouldn't post images of t*ts online, despite the nipples aren't showing.

And when they are showing, that's just pretty darn lame.

• What's the big deal? Half the population on earth have breast and most of the other half have seen many. There's nothing disgusting about them so there's no reason to hide. I mean, if you want, it's ok; but if you don't want to, nobody should feel disgusted.

• Women should be allowed to breastfeed in public, but there's no reason you shouldn't be modest in doing so. It's not an excuse to show everyone your boobs, you should be doing it genuinely to feed your baby. New wave feminism is the worst of the worst.

• Totally agree!

I've seen breastfeeding and that was modestly done; however I've once been pretty much disgusted-even though I'm a very straight male-was in my college as I was walking to my cafeteria, and outside of it are numerous tables; and at one table there was a girl there with one of her tit hanging out, totally exposed, and for absolutely everyone to see. No baby in sight; only her boyfriend. When I came back, I still didn't see a baby, but she was finally putting on breastfeeding bra

What Girls Said 6

• To me, not inappropriate. I'm very much for breast feeding, and I don't think there is anything sexual in the act (unless you have a strange fetish then go ahead, whack to that...), and it is very normal. As you said, the child is in the picture, and she is actually breast feeding. So what if a little nipple is shows, the baby doesn't always latch on to it like a nipple tassel! Just because your breast can be seen on the Internet that is "just for p*rn" doesn't necessarily mean its "porn". If you don't like it, there's a little "X" on top of the browser that you can close, and usually sites have "unsubscribe" if the contents has something that offends you in any way. To me, you all sound a bit prudish with your "attention whore!" and "so inappropriate! Think of the children!". Because in the end, if you really wanted to see inappropriate picture in the Internet, just do a Google search for "big breasts XXX nipple v*gina p**** X-rated titty p*rn" and not a picture of a mother breastfeeding her child.

• I think that the women who are all into making a deal out of being able to expose their breasts in public in the name of breast feeding are suspect. I don't buy it.

There are all sorts of things we can make choices on to keep private or to use discretion, and breast feeding is no different. I breast fed and I personally had no interest in doing it in public or around other people. If I needed to, then I would either find a place out of the way or I would use a blanket to provide some coverage. I definitely wouldn't have left my breast hanging out while I prepared to feed or finished up. I also wouldn't put it on social media.

I think women who make a big deal out of showing their naked breast are just using this as an excuse to be provocative or to push people's buttons.

• Yes, I agree with you. More than likely it's just for attention. I mean really, how is posting a picture of her boobs promoting breastfeeding awareness? Lol

• @update: that's still inappropriate and not necessary.

• It is necessary. As long as people like you find it inappropriate, it will be necessary to raise awareness. Forcing people to face their phobias is the best way to raise awareness. It worked pretty well for LGTB. There is nothing wrong with a woman's body, there's no need to hide it as if by seeing a breast your face would melt or something...

• Lol I have no issues with women breastfeeding but that doesn't mean they need to post pictures of it online. There is no "phobia", it's just stupid and unnecessary. I don't want to be scrolling down my newsfeed and see some girls boobs and nipples. Posting that online is idiotic and probably just someone looking for attention. Kind of sad. You have your opinion and I have mine. Goodbye.

• I don't care, really. The only times I've ever cared about women breastfeeding have been when they've done it out in public at places where you eat. I don't want some breastfeeding woman's t*ts all up in my face when I'm trying to enjoy a meal. At least cover it up with a blanket or something, geez. But otherwise, I don't care. She can do what she wants, and as long as the sites she posts on don't delete the photos or tell her to stop, I can't see why anyone should and would care that much.

• I agree with you it's totally inappropriate

• Yeah, posting pictures of yourself breastfeeding your baby on the internet seems tacky to me. At the least, haha!