Was this racist about what I said to my girlfriend?

my girlfriend got really offended by it, I'm still wondering what about it is so offensive. she is black but I never bring up race at all whereas she does

she phoned me telling me she was in her aunties and that she was wearing black leggins with no panties, telling me how she needs to be careful (she never wears panties so I'm not that turned on by it anymore)

but I felt like I might as well say something about it so I said,

"you're lucky you're black, it will be hard to see anything otherwise you'd be in trouble".

she has got really offended now and is in a mood with me, she thinks I was racist and is really upset at me

Most Helpful Girl

• Meh, way to kill the mood. ha ha It's not whether or not all black people agree that it is racist or not, it hurt her feelings and she was trying to be nice and turn you on and you kinda insulted her a bit :/ It's kinda like if you said "I'm in my room with the lights off touching myself thinking of your hot body" and then her saying "Well I'm sure I could find you since you're glow in the dark white" It kills the mood and it makes things kinda awkward for a sec. It was probably the timing too, since she is trying to get you riled up, not only did it Not Work, but you were so unphased by it that you made a joke about her skin color. Just smooth it over by complimenting her a lot. I'm black (well half kinda) and I LOVE compliments! haha.

What Girls Said 6

• Lol Well, I personally don't see how that's racist. I mean, it's pretty silly to get upset about that comment and I don't think you said it intentionally to hurt her. But nonetheless, she's upset by it so I do think you should apologize even if you didn't mean to hurt her feelings. Some people are sensitive about things like that.

• well...no. it's not as racist as it is factual,but-there she is,trying to be sexy and sh*t,and you go ahead and say that lol

• It does not matter if it was racist or not. She's offended and you need to apologize.

• no but your sarcasm turned her off.

• See this is why I would never date a white guy. It's not "KKK racist" but just ignorant and stupid. She can do better...

• The entire conversation sounds stupid LOL

What Guys Said 3

• You have the wrong girlfriend. She is wrong.

You are right, she is lucky her skin color does not permit everyone to see she is not wearing underwear.

Maybe she wants you to buy her some granny underwear?

If she is that sensitive, she may get mad if you ordered your coffee black.

• I don't see anything racist about that either. Give her some time to cool off, and don't mention what you said when you see her again. Wait and see how she acts when you two see each other again.

• u need a hobby and a real gf