Someone said to me that being good-looking would pretty much make you lucky in all aspects. Do you agree?

Someone told me that being good-looking makes them to automatically be popular, have more friends, would make them more likely to be accepted in jobs and environment. To put it simply, being good-looking would make you better in all aspects. So I was wondering if you agree with that statement

Most Helpful Guy

• in every single facet of life, no. Being good looking does not make you athletic no matter how gorgeous you are

However, whoever told you that is spot on. Someone who looks like Tom cruise (but a little taller) has a WAY better shot at getting a job than seth rogan if they had the exact same qualifications. I mean, who would you want to work for you? The person that's attractive, or the one who isn't?

What Guys Said 3

• It may make things a little easier in some fields, but definitely not everything. Looks is a small factor. Personality plays a much bigger role.

• I'd agree with that. In my experience, attractive people usually have increased confidence, which helps in geting dates, it helps in job interviews, it helps you in a lot of aspects of life. It's not a sure thing, as some attractive people don't realize that they're attractive and are insecure.

• It's rubbish.

People who don't have good looks, like to think that good looks are everything. Because if they accepted that they weren't, then they'd have to answer some uncomfortable questions about themselves.

What Girls Said 1

• Not in all aspects, but in most they do. People are automatically attracted towards them, hoping to get some popularity by association. Heck, even having no personality will get you friends somehow. I've seen it happen so many times. You also have a better chance to get in the media's eye. Again, popularity. So I think good looks certainly make it a lot easier to be popular, but not much else.