Should my friend dump her controling boyfriend?

he makes her delete everything that has to do with other guys on her profile. he controls what she does. and it gets on my nerves. she's scared to break up with him cause she doesn't want to hurt his feelings..

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, of course but all you can do is convince her as much as you can to why she should leave him. That's all and I'm sure you have done that. She has to make that decision for herself because women like this take a long time to finally leave their abusers. Emotionally he's got her. That's why its hard for her to leave because abusers make their partner feel like from the very beginning that no one is gonna want them cause of this and that. Pretty much brain washed to think she can't live without him and feels she deserves what he does to her. Like I said, he got to her feelings first then the abuse came later after she loved him so he can control her and now she's confussed. She wants out but don't know how. What you can do: Get others to talk to her and even better, someone who was once in her shoes. Your friend, she is insecure and doesn't feel too good about herself to allow this.

What Guys Said 8

• yeah She should get rid he is not trusting her at all and being parnoid all the time its not good she needs a life of her own with space and trust.

Tell her to talk to him and discuss how she feels to him and give him an option of change or ending the relationship.

• goodbye duchebag boyfriend hello life and happiness

• yes she needs to get rid of him he is controling and I think its bad now and it can only get worse with other things. so either she needs to stand up to him and tell him he's not going to control her anymore or dump him

hope it helped

the guy from up high

if you like it rate it the best answer

• He sounds like an abuser and control freak in the making. It's best to tell your friend what she's getting into and only hope she heeds your advice. Only she can get rid of him.

• I am with you 100%.

• I agree 100% This is how my boyfriend started out, after 3 years I am now leaving him as the abuse is getting really bad now!

These are classic signs of abusive behaviour and things will only get worse!

Just make sure your friend knows you are there to support her as you may find things go a lot deeper than she lets on!

• Haha this is so simple!

Is. She. Happy.

If the answer is no, dump him. If the answer is yes, keep him. This question does not deserve over analyzation - he isn't giving her a headache, she is doing it to herself.

• the guy is an asshole, screw his feelings have her drop that guy.

• Yep, he seems obsessive and controlling. Those are not good traits for a boyfriend.

• She doesn't want to hurt his feelings but it sounds like he doesn't care bout hers of course she should dump him

What Girls Said 5

• Better get out of the relationship now before things get worse. Making her delete everything is just selfish and childish. Does he get really mad if she doesn't do what he says? Is he very possesive? If he is, then those are signs of an immature pshyco in the making.

Personally I don't think being afraid of hurting a person who doesn't care about her feelings at all is worth worrying over.

• he has no right to be telling her to dump all contact with guys. he sounds paranoid to me. that's freaking crazy. if they're just friends with her and not fwb, then sure. I'd convince her to dump him

• I agree 100% with Littletad, This is how my boyfriend started out, after 3 years I am now leaving him as the abuse is getting really bad now!

Just make sure your friend knows you are there to support her as you may find things go a lot deeper than she lets on! Don't push her though! She needs to leave when she is ready or she will just end up going back!

Be there for her when she needs it and if you are worried find some advice from Refuge or Womens Aid, they have danger signs that will help you to recognize if your friend is being abused!

• I have been in a controlling relationship, he ended it but still tried to control me after. Even now he tries to tell me what to do. Its in her best interest to walk away. She can't stay with someone like that, its not good for her.

• you shud never be afraid of someone ur dating. it sounds like an unhealthy relationship. get out a.s.a.p.