Are there more good-looking guys or good-looking girls in the world?

Which do you think are more common in life, good-looking guys or good-looking girls?

Obviously, try to ignore your own sexual orientation. Try to be objective.

• There are more good-looking guys.
  • There are more good-looking girls.
  • Pretty much equal numbers.
OK, let's say make-up doesn't count: it's bare faces versus bare faces.

Most Helpful Girl

• Are there more good-looking guys or good-looking girls in the world?

B. There are more good-looking girls.

I highly doubt that there are more good looking guys than gals considering:

- societally gals seem to be under way more pressure to look good than guys as gals are valued for there beauty and youth and get way way way more criticized for any physical slight than guys such as wrinkles, stretchmarks, fat, sagging

- biologically studies show gals evolve to be more attractive while guys don't ( link

What Girls Said 22

• Girls. Some women go to great lengths to look “perfect" because of society's pressure.

They are always expected to look young and pretty and as a result, they end up taking care of themselves more than guys do.

Also, link .

• Q/A I thought people asking questions were unbiased...

• There are more good looking girls by far. Girls just put in so much more effort when it comes to physical appearance than guys do. Even excluding makeup, girls typically have better hygiene, invest more in hair and skin products, buy more figure flattering clothes, and are more likely to work hard to stay in shape than guys are.

I'm not saying that there aren't guys who take care of themselves the way that girls do (and some do even more), but there just aren't that many guys that do versus the majority of girls who do those things.

• I agree with everything you said apart from the weight issue. In America, 75% of men are overweight or obese, and 65% of women. So there's a difference, but not much. And actually there's double the number of women (8%) than men (4%) in the worst category, 'extremely obese'.

• Girls. Guys, on average, are average. Girls can really be good looking - both face and body, while guys have one or the other (mostly, they have a nice body, but their faces are rarely something to see)...

• I'm gonna say girls. I've seen plenty of guys with jacked up teeth, extremely deformed faces etc. but no women who are that ugly. We pay so much attention to details on women while we don't do the same for guys. So if we judge them equally, there are more good-looking women by far.

• good looking girls and lots of burly ave dudes

• well ever considered girls without make up? they are straight up ugly! lol

naturally speaking then they both are pretty much equal ..but with make up and all girls are far more prettier ! lol

• Not sure, I think it's pretty equal

• I think it is about even.

• More good looking girls

• good looking girls because of makeup

• girls

• The damn beauty queens are everywhere, it's almost annoying.

• i think there are far more good looking girls..well, because they have to be. there is FAR more pressure placed on women to look good then there is for men. and a lot of guys won't admit this, but they only value women for their looks. I also think there is a biological reason for it too. like millions of years ago, guys pursued the most attractive women they could find because attractive woman=healthy baby (this isn't necessarily true). so basically women had to be attractive so the guy could get it up. the guy didn't necessarily need to be attractive, all he needed was a penis.

i know that's probably not true but its just a theory.

• hahaahahah I like the theory! but its true women are pressurized to look beautiful no matter what! its sad I saw it on TV 12 year old got her botox done! like wtf?

• if they were better looking they wouldn't need to adorn themselves, wear makeup, spend hours picking out clothes, getting pedicures etc etc.. they do all that stuff to put up a facade of being good looking. what does a guy have to do? pretty much nothing and he can look hot, even if he's dirty, has scars (makes him hotter) etc. argument demolished

• i can assure you I have seen FAR more naturally attractive women then I have men. I don't know why but I don't find a lot of men physically attractive. like I haven't seen an attractive guy in about 2 months.

and what was the point of "argument demolished"? do you somehow feel good about yourself by trying to prove someone wrong over the internet? because if you do you must have really low self esteem lol. like I said its just a theory.

• I think naturally guys are better looking, actually are better looking overall. You don't see many guys wearing makeup up, fixing their eyebrows, coloring/putting their hair in certain styles, dressing a certain way. I feel some girls are too high maintence. I feel when you see a guy you see everything. It not like wen your man gets out the shower he looks totally different than what he does on a regular basis. I'm a straight female and I'm obviolsy attracted to men. They are more beautiful creatures than women..

• yes! a girl who actually gets it. Its the same in most animal species. chickens, lions, all birds, etc..

• I'm comfortable with my beauty that's why I can admit it lol

• There are way more good looking girls

• More good looking girls. I don't know it's just so hard to see more good looking guys.

• Girls that's a fact.

• Depends where

I'm from ct and I would it's about the same

In New York the guys are

I think in general girls are uglier because they use things to make them better looking. It's not natural

• Interesting. Why are guys better looking in NY?

• totally agreed. girls have to be fake and use makeup, hair jobs etc whereas a guy doesn't do any of that and is considered good looking.. covering up yourself doesn't make you look better, its the opposite

• Again try enhance their beauty with fake t*ts and makeup. You obviously don't understand

• Guys let themselves go way more quicker than girls...so I would say girls win this round.

• Depends on demographic.

• blah blah blah, they only look good because they spend so much more time preparing themselves, which means they ARENT as good and have to make up for it (get it, make up? ). Its the same with most other animal species, the males are always better looking

• @lavalamp87

Blah,blah,blah...whatever.

• there are def more good looking girls than guys.

• there are better looking girls

• Girls

What Guys Said 20

• More good looking girls. Generally the standards of what constitutes a good looking girl is lower than what constitutes a good looking guy. It has been said and documented that girls find a very low number of guys attractive. Looks may be the most important factor of female attractiveness for guys, but the parameters of what constitutes a good looking girl are wide enough to include many girls.

Also girls have more feature that make up their looks ( hair, face, eyes, breast, butt, waist, thighs,legs). Whereas with guys you basically need to be tall, dark and handsome to be considered good looking I.e the body type for a goodlooking guy is narrower (is this even a word?) than the body type for a goodlooking girl.

• I think there are more good looking girls. I find most guys hideous, me not included :-P

I once saw this program where they would ask random girls to rate full body pictures of 3 guys, they were all okay looking to most standards. All the guys rated about equal, one of them a little bit more because he was obviously more handsome.

They later gave specifics about the 3 guys, the last guy that rated the lowest got the title of a music producer with a 6 figure salary and the guy that rated highest was given the job of a car salesman.

No surprise, but in a new interview, the last guy that rated lowest, got the highest rating of the 3.

So you can see by that alone, you don't have to be a male model to be attractive for many girls, just be financially successful.

• Girls probably. They're taught more by society in general to take care of their physical looks.

Just taking a guess though.

• I will have to say guys, mainly because age doesn't kill us as much as it does many women. Plus, women are held to a higher standard where looks are concerned. So without any evidence, I would guess that there are probably a lot more good looking guys out there

• yup, plus girls only look good after lots of makeup and hair jobs outfits etc.. guys don't do anything and look good

• More good looking girls. They tend to put more effort into their appearance than guys do.

• I say more good looking girls...the female gender is simply more aesthetically pleasing than the male gender (thinking objectively).

• obviously guys. you have to even ask huh? who spends hours and hours picking out clothes and putting on makeup? guys don't do any of that sh*t and still look attractive. look at the rest of the animal kingdom and its pretty much the same. lions, peacocks, chickens.. whatever the males are usually more attractive

• Hah, that's an interesting point! Like every male bird in the history of ever has brighter and prettier colors than the females. Wonder what's up with that..

• it's so because the female lays eggs and it wouldn't be advantageous for her to be bright colored and attract preditors

• no its because its the same trend everywhere.. the males look better. evolution doesn't "pick" traits, it is the way it is because males looking better than females is what survived the best.

• I don't find men attractive, but heh I'm not into d***. I'd guess it's about even with men desiring women, and women desiring men.

• There are more good looking women. That is because men, the primary judges of women's appearance, have lower standards than women, the primary judges of male attractiveness. There is nothing inherently less attractive about men, women are just pickier.

• There are more good looking men than good looking women.

• Hard to say with makeup on girls but guys don't wear any? With it off I guess guys? Although some girls are pretty without makeup.

• I think girls are better looking than guys even without makeup. girls are blessed with beauty and sexiness naturally. girls wear make up just to compete with themselves not with guys.

• I'd say girls,. though I'm not gay since I have to give a biased view lolol..

About 60% of women I see I find attractive, even if they're not my immediate type.

• I don't judge guys, but I think most girls are unattractive.

• Girls obviously. Us guy are meant to be treated like sh*t so we look like sh*t :)

• I don't know, I'm straight and I can't tell if Iguy is handome or ugly.. All I know is that there aren't many good-looking girls

• Assuming no make up or any thing else is used I would say its equal. Because girls use make up and stuff I'm sure it looks like there are more good looking girls than guys

• It seems to me like there are more good looking girls, but maybe it's because I find it hard to judge the attractiveness of other guys.

• Currently women tend to consider 80% of men below average. Of course no more than 50% could be below average, but women are designed to be more picky, so it takes more for a man to be good-looking than a woman. A woman only needs to be thin and appear young comparatively to the man in most cases. So I would say there are more good looking girls, simply because peoples standards are different, and not do to an actual lack of good looking guys.

• Age and gravity do horrible things to women, so I have to go with men.