Eye candy + brain candy?

a girl answered a question about another girl becoming a hooter's girl. she said that her and her teacher classify people in two groups...eye candy and brain candy. and that if the girl works at hooters she will be eye candy. my question really is what if your both? I average a 4.0 and yet I've been told I'm very attractive and am often hit on. can you really only be eye candy or brain candy or can you be both?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can definitely be both, there are so many variations of people that sometimes it is hard to believe, but having said that to not have a person who can't be both eye candy and brain candy would be weird considering how many people there are in this world.

What Guys Said 5

• In some ways I'd like to agree. I know some beautiful girls that were brain candy. Now, having good grades in school, I would not catagorize as brain candy. For example, I know some pretty intellectual people but I would not care to have any intellectual discussions with them. However, there are some girls who fun and intellectually very interesting. But I don't think I'd want her more in the physical sense (sometimes I do). I think you are appealing to differant parts of the brain and in people they like it isolated. Its kind of like saying people read Playboy for the articles. People that are into more diverse pleasures read the articles and oogle the women.

• Obviously, one can be both; the eye-candy/brain candy distinction is complete crap.

Any mature person knows not to judge a book by its cover. Why would it not apply to Hooters girls? Probably some noxious little blend of prudery and snobbery, but certainly no rational thought, nor respectable sentiment.

• You can be both. Looks are what we are attracted to at first then personality along with brains.

I like a girl that is smart & it doesn't bother me if she makes more money than I do or drives a nicer or better car.

I get to enjoy her on many levels and when it comes down to the material things at her place I can watch her nicer or bigger TV & drive her nicer car when we go out.

I would say that Looks, brains & money is THE total package.

Just a side note the hooters girls are not sluts most are making good money at a fairly easy job to help put themselves through college.

• I would not say they are sluts I've considered applying I jus don't think I have the umm cleavage to get hired

and no fancy cars for me

• If you like equestrian jumping you will just LOVE riding the iron horse. Once you try it you'll be hooked!

• Sure you can be both. But people might prefer one trait over another...

• So smart and pretty wouldn't be preffered over smart or pretty. because I mean I see it kinda as a good looking girl who could make a lot of money with a good job.(nothing that sells your body)

• I don't know, that's a very broad question.

I mean that (for example), if you were in a dance club, the guys probably wouldn't care too much about your grades or latest paper for science class. but in the science class, everyone might want to copy your notes...

• I see where your coming from now.

• I've met girls who are beautiful and smart. It's rare, though.

Me, I'm average and smart.Go into a crowded supermarket, and there will probably be someone like me. Not that rare.

• I will top that. I have met beautiful girls, who got excellent grades, and were actually smart. As I am sure you are aware, 4.0 means only good grades and more often than not those individuals have no ability too apply their suposed knowledge. I have often marveled at how some people can be such scolars and yet be so functionally ignorant.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, I think you can be both. Separating girls in only two different categories like that seems a little black and white.You don't have to be strictly one or the other. I know plenty of girls who have both beauty and brains. ^-^

• you answered your own question. you average a 4.0 and are considered to be very attractive. you know as well as everyone that answered this post, that the girl and her teachers theory is a pile of sh*t

• Thanx I was jus looking for other opinions

• Alright, well to back up my theory that you can have beauty and brains...

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/being-a-man/soapbox/67

• Of course you can be both!

• i don't think GPA has anything to do with intelligence, it's just an indication of work ethic if anything.

• It can go either way. you can bust your butt to make an A, or you can do it with your eyes closed.

• But I'm not saying that you're unintelligent. I'm just saying that in my experience, high grade point averages don't necessarily = strong minds.

• Haha, we submitted the same comment at the same time...