Girls have more confidence at the gym? True or False?

Ive observed my encounters with women in this one. Girls are shy and less confident out in the public.

But when they are at the gym, they basically turn into guys LOL.

Like today, I couldn't even look up the mirror to look at myself. There were these two girls that just like to look at me up and down whenever they get a chance.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not always but they are more likely to be seen in more developed gyms compared to a planet fitness. In a developed gym I notice confident girls who are working out hard and are proud of their bodies while the rest are in the women's only section. I'm not judging all girls there but that is one reason they'd go there. I can see a girl going into the women's only room for no distractions and just wanting to avoid men in general.

When I would go to planet fitness though the vibes girls gave off were very paranoid and I felt it was narcissistic of them to think that they were always being watched. Their body language gave off a "I'm frightened guys are gonna hit on me" attitude and I'd even see guys minding their own business while girls would give of body language acting like the guy that passed by was checking him out and "how dare he." Plus the girls would wear revealing clothes yet try exercises that made them scared their tops were gonna reveal too much cleavage and I'd watch girls get so freaked out to the point where they'd give up trying certain exercises.

Where I go to the girls are much more focused on their workouts but not pushy with the way they act and it's much more respectable. I haven't been to the gym I am at long so I am gonna see if I am only scratching the surface though.

What Girls Said 7

• Your correct but I think it go's both ways. I'm shy and said to be intimidating

but I did notice that guys make eye contact at the gym.

I can't help but look back thinking he looks good or I hope to be able to look like that or lift that weight. You can say things like You look really good or nice, and comment on body parts and still be appropriate. Guys can handle comments at the guy but out side not a chance. Guys are focused they don't trip drop something ask you math questions or get hard because they are nervous. My guard comes down at the gym. I would most likely go out with someone if asked. For one you already have something in common which you can talk about all day. Less judgement at the gym everyone gets an a for effort. You must be confident if your going to get fit. So true

• There are a lot of sexy ass guys at the gym so of course I'm gonna look.

• I don't know. I just go to the gym to work out to look good naked so I really don't worry about the environment

• as a girl that goes to the gym its because I'm usually the only girl lifting weights (properly) so guys stare a lot. I think I look hotter to them in the gym lol

• Some girls are paranoid and think that guys are looking at them and their bodies. My girlfriend have this thinking too. I think people are there to work out and may be too busy to bother.

exercise can help one to gain confidence eg. Yoga.

• Makes sense since the hot buff guys are there

• Well guys that are hot and work out can usually be found at the gym so I'm going to guess yes

What Guys Said 7

• Actually, any time there are two or more girls, they lose most of their shyness don't you think? Separately, the two girls I had a threesome with would't have done anything like that

• i don't know it depend on the girl , there all different , some would have more but some would have less . it depend on there body and how confident they feel about it , some are really comfortable with there body others not so much

• It seems like it's easier to make eye contact at the gym than the grocery store. I haven't really noticed if they have more confidence though.

• i think in general working out does wonders for confidence in everyone. It enhances endorphines in the brain,causing low self worth to dip and good self worth to raise. This is why medical professionals reccomend exerice to anyone suffering with aneixty

• false all the way!

the gym in a macho atmosphere. so women in the gym tend to freak out more when you try to approach them

• True.

More of their body is shown.

They are aware that when they look sexy they're valuable.

If they look sexy, they have self-worth.

• eh? No lolol.. At least it doesn't apply to me as a man.