Do boys judge girls' looks harshly?

I'm don't have THAT much of a beautiful face or anything--just normal, fairly attractive.

My height is 5'4", pretty slim but unfortunately, my chest & butt is on the flat side. Do guys really care a lot? I know men are very visual. Would an ordinary guy go for the body rather than the face or the face rather than the body?

Or better yet--the personality or the physical features?

Most Helpful Girl

• I use to think that guys were only interested in how a girl looks but then I went to college and I made a lot of guy friends who I talk openly with and who pretty attractive guys. I realized that girls judge other girls more harshly on looks then guys do. My friends seem to be interested in more what is on the inside than on the out. One of my guy friends says it the best by saying that there are girls who have good looks but its when he has a conversation with them that he becomes interested in them.

What Guys Said 3

• Physical is important, but what attracts each guy can be very different. I'm a boob man myself, but some prefer a hard ass. My last two girls have been completely different body types, and I was still very attracted to both. So, he'll find something to find attractive in you.

• Generally guys go more for the body than the face, but don't let that discourage you.

I'm going to assume that's you in the picture, trust me, you have nothing to worry about.

And personality trumps all.

• I agree with gotc147, if that's your pic in the avatar then you have nothing to worry about, you're quite beautiful.

What Girls Said 4

• Every guy is different.some guys don't really care what you look like on the outside. Stop being shy..stop being discouraged..you are beautiful regardless don't let anyone tell you otherwise and boost yourself up..buy yourself a new outfit fix yourself up go to school and strut. If you don't have confidence in yourself no one will.

• dont dwell too much on your lack of curves. skinny is always better... so say most of the attractive guys I know. and don't get too hung up about your body! remember, sex is like chinese food. you don't think "omg what is that weird piece of carrot" or "ew these vegetables are soggy" ... you just eat it as a whole and think "mmm good". same goes for men. they're not picking you apart during sex and thinking "omg weird boobs, no ass, etc... most of the time they're thinking "mmm sex". haha. just be in shape and healthy. and rock your sh*t. personality does trump all.

• The great thing about guys is that they really do love you for who you are, of coarse there are those jerks that ruin the rep of the others, but from my experience looks aren't all they're interested in, they like the connection, the fight, the urge and then the sex :) personality will put you above the girls with the awesome bods, plus you can avoid the jerks, too.

• Yeah guys are pretty harsh judges but as long as you are slim you won't get judged too harshly. Most guys care more about the body than the face, but from what I've seen the only time girls really get harshly judged is if she is overweight and not proportional. Personality matters but if they are not already at least somewhat attracted to you then it doesn't make a difference.