Are you happy with what you see when you look into the mirror?

When you look into a mirror, are you happy with your appearance?

Are you happy with what you look like? With who you are? With who you've become? With all that has happened in the past year?

In terms of looks, I'm not too happy with them but I deal. Surgery would help but I'm too lazy to act on it lol.

With who I have become, yes. I feel like I've grown. I think living on campus last year taught me a LOT about myself.

And learning to love someone, has helped me grow. Initially I didn't want a boyfriend, but I've no regrets about being with him and we're celebrating our one year anniversary soon with a homemade dinner & sexytime.

I still have a lot of personal growing to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• It varies with the day and state of my health, but in general, yes. I'm happy with what I look like, where I'm at now, and where I see myself going. I've worked (somewhat) hard to get where I am and I know what I do and don't want. I'm still learning about myself, but I like who I'm becoming.

What Guys Said 8

• Sure, but every time I smile my mirror image frowns. I think my mirror is rigged or it's one of those carnaval funny mirrors and I need to have it replaced.

I think my appearance is okay, but I think it's more my personality and openness that intrigues most people and is my most attracting quality. Especially with women.

• No I don't.. I still have to lose more weight and I'm a huge perfectionist so I may never be totally happy with what I look like. With me it's mostly about my looks because I'm very vain.. I don't care about the other stuff as long as I look good doing whatever I'm doing. I know it sounds kind of pathetic but I can always decide on the other aspects of my life.

I have to make myself realize that perfection is only something that we can all strive for but is impossible to obtain.

• fine with it. wish I wasn't balding but whatcha gonna do about it

• Eh, it's okay. I would like to fix the grey hair in front permanently. Need to pump some muscle even though I am on my way to doing that. I am shy, and wish I wasn't. I never talk to people my own age (low 20s). It's either adults or nobody.

• Well, I see what God made me to be and I'm happy, do I look extremly attractive, nope but my identity is not in looks!

• Sometimes, yes. I wish I have more muscles.

It's hard to be skinny... most of the girls hate it.

• Yes I guess I do but I always think I could look better.

• Nope I'm the shht!

What Girls Said 12

• It really depends on the day and how much effort I put into my appearance at the time. Lol Overall though, yes I'm happy with how I look. I want to get a nose job but that will have to wait, no idea when I'll get around to it. Haha But other than that, I have no issues with my body, what I look like, or anything like that.

With who I've become? Well, I may be a bit biased but I think I'm a good person and I'm happy with who I am and how I live my life. College has helped me to open up more and have a wider variety of friends than I had in high school. I mean, I was friends with a lot of people in high school but I went to a very small school so in the end, there really wasn't a wide variety of people (not race or physical wise but way-of-thinking and mentality wise). College has provided me with opportunities to befriend more diverse people who think differently which I like and, in turn, has opened my mind more and taught me to be more understanding of other people and their viewpoints.

Regarding this past year, I've grown a lot. I've lost several people in my life (one in a tragic way) which has taught me how short life really is and to value and show appreciation to everyone in my life more. Because in the end, we don't know how long we'll be here so it's important (in my opinion) to never take anyone for granted and to do my best to live a life that I can look back on and be happy about.

I'm far from perfect but I do strive to be the best person I can be. So, overall, I'm very happy with my life and who I am.

• No. Well... I mean, I like the way I look, but I don't feel it's who I am. I still have a lot of gender dysphoria, and I'm not at my 'ideal' yet, if you know what I mean, and what I imagine myself looking as isn't what I see in the mirror. So the person in the mirror isn't me. It really freaks me out, and I get panic attacks from mirrors sometimes. I avoid them.

Who I am? Yes, I'm happy. Like you I think I have a lot of growing, though. A lot! I need confidence & willpower, mostly. I need to learn 'to dare,' as the Sphinx would say. But, compared to six months ago, say, when I still thought I was male (brief 'relapse' into wrong-gender, only lasted at most two years) and I was still a f***ing... Nazi apologist, piece of sh*t. The past year has been really, really huge. The biggest thing was I met some other transgirls, who were marxists, and really gave me like, a healing view of myself and others, allowed me to understand myself in a very different way. So, that's a big thing. I started studying philosophy, too, which is really, really huge, you wouldn't expect it. The dreaded 'existential crisis' and all that. Anyway, yeah, major changes this past year, which I'm very happy with.

What's funny is, at the start of the year, I tried to perform the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola, and the first week is contemplation on your flaws & sins and how awful you are generally. Then, the next week you focus on the brilliance and wonderfulness of God's kingdom, and how much of an honour it is to be there, and then the last few weeks are practicing the presence of God and stuff. But, I only got as far as the first week, and then I took very very sick and had to stop. And this whole year has been about self-discovery, self-confrontation, and realizing of my own sins (a la racism & sexism, learned/socialised stuff like that), and working to repent for that or make right. [shrug]

• I'm not happy with my appearence, I need to do a lot of changes, unfortunately I can't do surgeries now. So, I have to deal with it.

But I'm happy with who I've become. I'm more mature, I don't take things too seriously (which is good sometimes) , I learned a lot about myself and even more important, about life.

The only thing that misses in my life is having more independency. That's what I want to conquer for now. But I know that I have a long way to go and a lot of other things to learn.

• Well, I have Body Dysmorphia, so not in the least bit. With who I am, I think I could be a lot better, but every day provides a chance to become better. And, with who I've become, I think I'm a lot better than I used to be, so I like the person I am now compared to who I was 3 years ago. So, I guess some days I like the way I am, but other days I can't stand it.

• I don't like what I see in the mirror appearance wise, but I'm working on that, as far as whove I've become, I love my personality and a lot of other people do as well, Id say I've improved on my appearance a little bit, but I've improved on my personality a lot more :)

• You have to like yourself and being confident with who you are and how you look. In the way you're satisfied with you you'll become a better person and will transmit that to all the people around you. So be yourself and trust in you.

• i like the way I look and I wouldn't get surgery to change the way I look because I am blessed to resemble my father and I love and miss him very much. I have learned a lot about myself in the past year and I look forward to a bright future.

• Yeah but then no. There would be some things that I would like to change on my person but I got to flaunt what God gave me I suppose

• I'm very happy with what I see when I look in my mirror, either clothed or naked. I work hard at keeping my body toned and sexy, and I'm very proud of the way I look.

• Lol some days yes and some days no! Either way I'm stuck with it!

• I don't really have any complaints about my physical appearance. I don't really like myself as a person though.

• i am overall happy with my look. I wish I had smaller thighs and hips and I don't like my nose that much, but overall I think I am attractive and I seem to get positive reactions so it can't be bad.

with who I have become, yes and no. I don't know, it's complicated. as a graduate student I wonder if I made the right choice with my future. honestly the older I get the less confident I feel about my future. I am not a bad person but I'm a soft person. very feminine and sweet and not tough. I'm not powerful at all and where I am that's a setback. but I don't wish I was powerful, I just feel like I'm in the wrong place.