Ladies: What's the deal with heels?

Okay, I have gone out to restaurants and clubs with female friends and girlfriends from time to time, and I've noticed that by the end of the night, she's always complaining about how much her feet hurt from wearing high heels all evening long.

The question then is why? Why do you wear them if they hurt that much that by the end of the night all you can do is sit there and whine about how much they hurt? Do you really think your date or boyfriend WANTS to see you in them knowing they hurt that much to wear? Seriously, where are your heads?

Most Helpful Girl

• heels make us feel sexy and hot...When I go out, I wear heels but bring flats and I end up wearing the heels only to enter the place and exit...LOL but oh well, I'm like 6 ft in heels, so it's not that great...lol taller than all the guys... :P So I usually stick with my flats...it's like most brainwashing we get...plunging neckline, skinny waist, showing hipbones, high heels, long hair, etc. I guess it comes with being a girl...but it doesn't have to be...Girls are always trying to look good for guys and like most guys have said, girls in heels look good! so we do it... and pay the price...lol I'm gonna stick to my flats...makes me look down to earth...no pun intended... lol

What Girls Said 19

• Im going to guess they aren't wearing the proper heel for their feet/ too tall for them to handle walking in comfortably etc. I wear heels all the time...from 3" to 6", and my feet don't hurt at the end of the night.

And the few times it has happened where my feet hurt, like a night of dancing or standing up for extended periods of time, I sure wouldn't make it the topic of conversation. Id just make a mental note not to wear those heels if I know I'm going to dance or stand around a lot.

Personally, I don't understand it either...I see many of my friends do that and for me, I wouldn't walk around in pain all night and make my pain everyone elses pain. Id buy new shoes.

• Beauty is pain.

• Haha someone disagreed with me.

For all the people who said heels make them feel sexy, they think men like the way they look, etc. it's the same thing, I just cut down the word count.

• Heels make women feel sexy and more dressed up.

They make our legs look better, longer and more feminine. They also tend to be more sophisticated.

Especially when going out - we want to feel this way.

Personally when buying a pair of heels, I make sure they fit right - and are comfortable.

I don't know that many people who do actually put style/looks in front of comfort and most girls, me included, make sure a pair of heels fit properly before buying them, and that they're comfortable enough to stand up in for a couple of hours at the least.

• I feel really sexy in heels.

I don't wear them a lot, but when I do, I make sure they are appropriate for the occasion.

Like, if I know I'm gonna be standing for a long time, or dancing, then I'll wear spool heels, or wedge heels. They have great support, so no matter how high they are, they won't hurt your feet.

Before I buy high heels, I usually walk around the store in them first, to see if they hurt or not. There's no point in buying something you don't feel comfortable in.

The only time I complained about my shoes was when it broke, and when someone stepped on my boots:(

And besides, If it hurt that bad, I would probably just take them off :)

• Well it's kind of like why do girls wax? Pluck eyebrows? Curl/straighten hair? or crazy diets?

We like looking nice for you. Just tell us how nice we look so we know you appreciate it.

• i like them how they look, lots of them I love but due to my height among with my friends.. as it is I'm already taller then them I don't want to seem as a sky scraper to them.. if theyre small heels then I would try them out at the story.. I could seriously walk around in them for a hour.. if I can't stand it then I wouldn't buy it cause I would be buying them to go out for a night.. and if I do have them then I could just carry them with me if I don't like them on my feet at the moment.. but they sure make me feel sexyer and it makes me feel like its making my legs look perfect compared as if their complete chicken legs and it makes me feel more mature xD

• Inside, we hate them, but we wear them because it makes us feel more confident, and pretty. We feel taller, and more powerful. XD

• heels make me feel sexy and taller definitely. but I always think my date wants to see me in something more elegant not some tennis shoes or flats. ya know?

• Well my boyfriend is like six two and I'm five six.

• they look pretty on us

• They are something that woman look hot in but try wearing then for 6 hours then our feet really hurt but for me I feel like I have to wear then because I am short very short only 4'10 and have always wanted to be taller. I am also used to wearing them because I have to wear then to work for 8 hours each day at victoria secret.

• its more appropriate and prettier to wear heels

but I do the smart thing I put a pair of flats ( you no like the rly girlly ones) in my bag

when my shoes start to hurt at the party or wherever I am I just change them :D

• Im really small, only 5 foot. So when on nights out or dates, heels are essential so I can look a little taller and a bit sexier. Plus they look good and give the finishing touch to a really nice outfit :)

• Because heels make most women feel sexy...but they come with a price...(besides the literal price).

Like guys and ball caps. Makes men feel secure...but makes their hair look weird and that indentation in their forhead for a while...mens till wear em.

• women wear heels to look longer, slimmer, more sophisticated and more attractive to men and to compete with other women. well not all women wear heels but I bet most men like the looks of them.

• They look good. You don't go to the club wearing flats or tennis shoes that's for sure! Heels are more appropriate for night and they make an outfit look sexier or more formal. If they hurt just get over it.

• well, we want to look nice. we look nice in heels so we where them. but we complain cause when we do, guys look at us and we love attention.

• i would wear the ones with more support. I would go as high as two inches and that's about it. I love pumps, black ones, they go with everything. she's probably wearing ones without support in them

• I'm too tall to wear heals so I don't. Most women wear heals because they think men really like them.

What Guys Said 4

• Sorry for the low rating, it was an accident. I actually clicked on the 5 star fascinating, but for some reason it registered as 1 because the page was still loading.

I think this is a great question as I think for the most part heels are totally impractical, especially once they get to be 3 inches or more and if they are spike heels. Rarely does a girl walk well in tall spike heels. You can almost always see a little wobble in her step, and her gait is usually altered to look unnatural. I am totally cool with no heels or low heels. I mean, really, have you ever looked at a girl and decided the heels put her over the top attractive and made you want her that much more? I never have.

• Well heels make a girl look sexier. Makes their legs longer, chest look bigger, butt firmer and calves defined. Which is all good and probably makes them get attention. The side effects are that they hurt.

• THE TRUTH IS THAT WOMEN DRESS FOR WOMEN AND UNDRESS FOR MEN, WOMEN WEAR WHAT THEY DO FOR WOMEN TO CHECK THEM OUT WHAT THEY WEAR ...PURSES, SHOES ECT. IN ADDITION AS SECONDS IS THE ATTRACTION PART...THEY LOOK GOOD...IT SHOWS THEIR CALF AND IT BRINGS THEIR BUTTS UP...and men like that, I know I do. I feel that women with out hills and on flats ...they look like ducks ,big flat feet ...u know. WHEN I GO TO WEDDINGS ...MAN I SEEN SOME BRIDES MAIDS LOOKING HOT ON HILLS...AND AT THE END THEY TAKE THEM OFF AND THE MAGIC ENDS...THEY R BARE FOOT...NOT GOOD UNLES THEY HAVE SMALL FEET AND CUTE TOES WITH PEDACURE .

• women in heels are attractive, but are for certain times, and places...if you're gonna wear them, you already know that they MAY hurt, so don't complain about it, we don't like hearing you complain, so don't do it (even if we like it)

if we did something you liked but hurt us, would you want us to keep doing it, just so you could hear us complain about, I wouldn't think so