Do guys actually think girls are pretty w/o makeup?

I know this question is insecure but I wanna know. You guys know how makeup can make a person really pretty and how different a lot of people look without it on. Like just foundation and concealer make a huge difference in the way I look. Sometimes when I'm facetiming my boyfriend I don't put the camera on me when I don't have concealer on and he tells me that with or without makeup I'm still pretty to him. So many guys say that but do they actually mean it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep. Love is most especially effective on men's perceptions. It is God's gift to women, I guess, that each has the possibility to become the most beautiful woman in all the world to at least one man. I'm not saying all of them make it there, though.

The reverse seems to be true too. A wrathful countenance / unquenchable anger can make a very well made woman appear as an "old bag."

What Guys Said 10

• There are some girls who can pull it off without makeup. Not all though. Something as basic as some eyeliner is all you need if you're already naturally beautiful. But some can pull it off without anything. Just do your hair and wash your face with water, and you're ready.

• I'll play devils advocate here:

I think it depends. If you look a lot different without makeup, I am going to feel somewhat bait & switched. I was always under the impression that a woman's makeup should never look obvious, therefore she really shouldn't look *that much* different with it off.

• I don't like women with too much makeup on. A little bit is cool just because I see it as being very feminine, but I also want to see the real person. So my answer is yes; women without makeup can be very pretty.

• Some girls can pull it off extremely well and it's very attractive. Also I am able to tell if girls use a lot of make up. The best middle ground is to use very light make up with eye liner.

• I think quite a few girls are actually prettier without their makeup. Especially if they usually wear a ton of foundation etc

• Some girls have that natural beauty, I felt that way about previous gfs and I'm sure your boyfriend thinks you're pretty without make up too. You shouldn't have to hide yourself from him.

• Yes my girlfriend is pretty with and without makeup

• Varies by race. Darker=less makeup.

• If they say it, they mean it.

Not every guy says it, because it's not true for every guy.

• Most girls aren't pretty without make-up. But maybe you are. I don't know.

What Girls Said 4

• Its true that some men like their woman without makeup. A man should accept you for who you really are.

• it depends on how different you look. also on your features. some girls have plain features and with makeup they look pretty but very bland without it. other things also make a difference like if you have nice hair and body .

• guys don't really notice when girls aren't wearing make up

• Most men will find their girlfriend pretty without makeup. my boyfriend still thinks I'm pretty when I first wake up, but I think I look absolutely disgusting. he'll be attracted to you even when you're not dolled up.