Have you ever been mortified when someone you think is physically unattractive think you look like them?

Shallow Alert. Shallow Alert. Shallow Alert. Shallow Alert.

Just happened to me, and I knew it was shallow, but I couldn't help but think, "no" I'm more adorable. Yes, I'm ashamed! Anyone else ever have this? How'd you react?

Most Helpful Girl

• ouch.

it happened once (back in my overweight days), and honestly, I just pretended nothing was said while I was in public. I just acted unaffected, but as soon as I got home, I felt so sh*tty about it and analyzed it to pieces. and stared in the mirror for sometime.

the good thing is that people never are right about doppelgangers/similar looking people. they may see a few facial/physical aspects that are similar, but generally, the overall comparison is WAY off.

What Guys Said 6

• No, no one has ever told me that. One girl did say I reminded her of the little boy from "Up", so that stung a little. But that was like 3 years ago. Quite frankly, it's strange in and of itself to tell someone they look like you.

• Ive been told I look like demetri martin and john lennon, I don't really find either attractive

• I probably wouldn't think much of it.

• I'd be flabbergasted. Floored. Stunned. Speechless. Horrified. Terrified. Petrified. While it hasn't happened, I'd TRY to be nice about it, but at the same time I'd have to bite my tongue.

• Why is it bad to be shallow?

• Yes I have once or twice. I let it bug me for a minute or maybe a day then forget about it until a year or 3 later someone says it again :P

What Girls Said 5

• No. Loads of guys have thought I liked them because I'm coy and smilie but that's just how I am. It doesn't matter who gets the wrong end of the stick. Let them believe it so long as they don't act on it. I'm sure we've all picked up the wrong signal at some stage and received an ego boost as a result. How bad would you feel if it you knew they really were thinking "ew, I'm so out of your league". That's just not nice.

• I'd be stunned and bewildered combined with a good dose of annoyed

• Not exactly, but similar..

I was in a crowd and my cousin turned around and said "Oh, I thought you were Gaby!" and I replied "ewwk! why!?" and laughed... (Gaby was right next to me) and my cousin said "oooooooh" to my *ewk* reaction, and she turned around with her mouth open like she couldn't believe what I had said and she hit me! (like a soft sock) on the arm... hahaha I was laughing and I said "ohhh nooo, it's not what I meant" xD

• I get told like I look like some of my friends, co workers or cousins. It doesn't make sense

Qall of them look different. I don't f***ing get it. People are weird. I once gotten I have the cote de pablo look. She's ugly to me

• No not really