The Indian descent Miss America is pretty?

Not to be racist or anything. I am glad that the winner of Miss America was not a blond blue eyed girl..

BUT

What is so special about this Indian girl? Were her answers really convincing or something? She does not seem to be good looking to me. I am surprised she got this far at all. Her looks are average to below average to me. Am I wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, she's definitely nothing special. Could use a nosejob (sorry, I realize that's an Indian trait, but still) and her body isn't even very feminine - link - it's just straight up and down, and pretty chunky tbh (not remotely hourglass shaped). There's no way in a million years she'd ever model for Victoria's Secret, and I still consider that the benchmark for hotness.

Also, I don't know if she's going to represent the USA at Miss World or whatever, but you're screwed if she does, considering there's another half a billion where she came from (no, not Syracuse, NY).

• i don't think her nose is an Indian trait...but yes I don't like her nose either.

• VS models don't have hourglass shapes either.. skin and bones, I find them too thin for their height.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know much about the pageant itself, but I don't think it's all about looks.

And looks are subjective anyway. I find Indian women to be very beautiful, they tend to have really gorgeous, dark eyes. I think she's very pretty.

• What kind of Indian girls do you like, QA? The only Indian girls I've ever been with are pretty dark skinned, and I think that may play into why I find her attractive? idk

• Why are looks subjective?

I think Indian women tend to have a higher looks quotient though lol.

• Personally, she's not the prettiest Indian girl I've seen, but she's up there. Looks are subjective, anyhow. What's not pretty to you may be pretty to another.

From what I understand, Miss America is more a evenly weighted competition, compared to say Miss Universe, where its more about looks. So aside from being reasonably attractive, she must have been very smart and gave a good talent show to have won.

• I think she's gorgeous. Really beautiful. I don't know what YOU'RE looking at! I dunno, pagentry is weird to me I don't know how it's judged. It's not necessarily judged on how f***able a girl is, I guess. (did you see the runner up, too? nnngh) I didn't watch it though so idk. It's like, there are swimmers you don't always expect to win in the Olympics, I guess? The horses I bet on in the grand national never win.

• I agree. She's nothing special

• Really? She looks gorgeous to me haha. Different tastes I guess. I'm not sure how much weight they give to looks. I think there's talent and answers, too.

• 30% (the most weighted part) is the talent portion

• She did have an amazing talent. Apparently she's pretty smart too, applying to medical school and all.

What Guys Said 5

• It came down to her and my 3rd fav. (1st being Ohio and second being Conn.) I wanted Cali to win since the other two didn't make it. I really didn't think Miss New York was all that good looking. Interesting that it came down to a southern Asian, and an eastern Asian

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Not really. She's not "OMG SOFAKING HOT" to me, but I certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers. To others, she's a perfect 10.

• I think she is pretty.

• Indian women have a higher general attractiveness, so yes.

• I have no idea what she looks like