Girls is this rare for a guy to do?

My girlfriend told me I'm a really rare guy, but I honestly don't believe this. I mean, like one time we were out and she started feeling sick, and we were far away from the car, so when we were walking back I took her bag and carried it for her, then when we got home I asked her if she wanted Advil, and then got her water too, and I do stuff like that for her all the time. Another time when she was upset I listened to her, and at the end she said, "thanks for making me feel better", and I said, "all that matters is you're happy".

At the same time, if she's acting demanding, or pushy, or whining about I still call her out on it, so I put up with any of that stuff, and have no problem saying no to her, but she's really nice to me too, like she worries about me a lot and looks out for me, which is why I always look out for her.

But she told me most guys won't do simple stuff like that for their girlfriends, and it surprised me Because most of it's so easy, but it really helps and makes someone else feel better... is it really that rare for a guy to be like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• *shrugs* I don't know my boyfriend does little things like that, too. But, he also doesn't take my sh*t and vice versa. That's what a relationship is...doing little things to make the other person happy while still being able to balance each other out.

What Girls Said 4

• My ex-husband was like this, he was honestly a great guy. I've not met anyone like him since then, so maybe they are really rare nowadays.

• i thnk you are kind of weird but it is not in a bad sense

• the guy I'm seeing now is just like this, and no I really can't say I have been treated this well in a long time, maybe never. He carries my bags for me, if we go out to eat he serves me my food why first(like if its pizza), just really takes care of me. So YES, it really a rarity to find guys like this. Consider yourself one in a million. :)

• Maybe in this day and age it is harder to find than it used to be, just like guys think it's harder to find a good woman. However, any decent man should do this for the woman they love. You aren't going above and beyond, you're doing exactly what you SHOULD BE doing, so don't forget that.

What Guys Said 6

• i mean it's really subjective. clearly in her experience she hasn't run into a guy like you. women will have a better perspective though if your behavior is a rare occurrence

• She's wrong. Most people ( let alone boyfriends ) perform common and entry level acts of care; I mean if you picked her up and carried her the quarter of a mile and then took her home and made her a hot bath, got soup, through on her favorite relaxing music, and lit some scented candles labeled "For illness", then yeah, that's rare and impressive. But you didn't; you just carried a bag.

It's amazing how "rare" people believe common courtesy is.

• I don't think its rare. I'm like that.

• What a shock women actually appreciate a guy who is nice.

So here's the difference between you and just some random guy. She is your girlfriend not just some girl your interested in.

• Two things jumped out at me. You not putting up with her bad behavior. Most guys turn into puppies and enable the girls bad attitude and behavior. (though, I wouldn't call a girl out on it) I would break contact until she decides to act better. The second thing is you tell her "no". 99% of guys can't tell a girl no. 99% of girls have never been told no by a guy.

• I saw an ass hole take a full 180 change when he met this girl just so he can have sex with her in the longer run. Happens all the time.

But genuinely good people are getting rarer every day.