Why do females always scream when they see a guy on stage on a reality show?

I'm I the only one who notices this? You'll be watching shows like The X factor or Americas Got talent and here walks in this guy women find attractive and they all scream and go nuts? Even if the guy can't sing? I mean he's not on there trying to get votes on his looks. Aren't females the one who are always saying looks don't matter to them? So why is it when a non good looking guy gets on stage you hear crickets? Even when the non good looking guy can sing?

• I don't know why women scream when a guy walks on stage?
  • Beats me your guess is as good as mines.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not sure, I missed that gene. Lol. Maybe excitement.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't know, but it goes for concerts, also. I mean, Jesus, when the band sings the most heart wrenching, beautiful acoustic song, and then it's ruined by little teenage girls, I wanna stab them in the throat with a rusty fork.

• Seriously, I went to a Three Days Grace concert, and they played Never too Late (a song about suicide), and the little fans wouldn't stop screaming. Like, of all the songs to scream to. -smh-

• Women have limited telepathic powers. We can only send one message at a time that says "he's hot". So we all agree upon the male in question's attractiveness level and we say "MESSAGE RECEIVED" by screaming. Like a text message. Only with a more annoying notification sound. xD No, but usually women will scream for a guy who can sing well, regardless of appearance.

• Often the crowds are told to scream. That or its like Beatlemania where a small group starts to get intensely excited and the fever spreads to those nearby. It's not just women. Regardless of gender, mood is often affected by those around us.

• I don't understand why women scream in general. It's such an ear bleeding sound.

• My guess is that women are more attracted to talent than men are. A woman will see an okay looking guy, but if he's talented he becomes ten times hotter. A man will see an okay looking girl and she wouldn't be any more attractive to him no matter how talented she is.

• But what if the guy isn't talented?

• It's not the talent, its his social status. Women put a heavier weighting on on a man's perceived value within some sort of social context: school, friend circle, the country, etc. Think alpha vs beta male. Famous or talented people, are percieved to alpha males since their talent or fame is placing them at the head of the pack in terms of social popularity. Another way to look at it, is women want to almost be able to show and tell their BF. They want other girls to be jealous of who he is.

• Then why do they scream over randoms on talent search shows? If they are knocked out before the top three, they'll probably be forgotten.

• I don't do and I hate this.

• People like attractive people. And, those are TV shows, the audience is supposed to be noisy, haha!

• That I get like take this Blake kid who was just on the X Factor he's all bragging about how good looking he is lol. Then after he was done singing he blows kisses to the audience I mean what a douche bag.

• I agree, that is douchey, haha!

I don't watch those shows anyway, because of the extreme amount of cheese :-P

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah I really hate this and I can never understand why screaming became the action to show that you are attracted to someone. Trust me, when a hot girl is o stage, guys notice, we just keep it to ourselves or whisper about it to our friend.

I understand why the girls are screaming, I just don't understand why they've chosen screaming as the emote to express this.

• They're more obsessed with popularity and attention than guys. So when they see someone so popular and getting so much attention they scream wanting that too. Also it's likely they find that guy hot and they themselves want to get attention from that guy so they feel the scream the loudest he might look at them and give them attention. It's... sad really.

• Beats me, I see attractive women in the street and I've never felt compelled to scream in their face.

• LOL Can you imagine doing that to some strange girl you don't know lol. If any guy did that he would get beat and arrested.

• I seen even on Pop Idol there was a singing teacher on it and he was a great singer... They didn't let him through because they thought he was overweight. I thought, seriously? On a show about music, they don't let one of the best people through because of his weight?

• Its sad isn't it? I bet if there was a show on looks only 10 people would get through ha ha ha.

• Some women scream because they see something/someone they like. Nothing wrong with that as it's just how some women are. The same women who say looks aren't that important to them when it comes to dating aren't necessarily the same girls you find screaming in this shows. You don't know the girls personally, so it's not a conclusion that can really be made with much certainty. Besides, the girls aren't necessarily looking to date the guy, so them screaming for him doesn't have to mean much of anything. No different really from any guy seeing an attractive woman on Americas got talent, and voting for her because he thought she looked good (even though her actual talent is sub par). The only difference is that we don't scream.